Full Time Employee
Class A CDL Transportation and Logistics (Job Number:422418)
SAIC is seeking a candidate to work as a Logistics Analyst in the Huntsville, AL area with experience in the transportation of munitions and military assets to various facilities on Redstone Arsenal and across the United States.
- Candidate will oversee the planning, scheduling, coordination and/or final approval of materials requisitions in support of engineering/production operations.
- He/she will determine requirements, develop detailed scenarios, and identify trends for material usage required to meet customer operations and missions.
- Candidate will participate in major studies and develop procedures/plans and systems to provide logistical support to foreign materiel exploitation programs.
- This includes providing work direction and guidance to other exempt team members in the preparation of logistical plans and projects.
- The Logistics Analyst will negotiate schedules and lead times with the government customer and SAIC management for the safe transportation and handling of hazardous materials.
- Tasks include the transport, handling, and loading of cargo (including hazardous materials), general property accounting, inventory, upkeep and maintenance of all supplies and equipment including the customer’s fleet of transportation vehicles.
Required Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's & 4 years of experience
- High School Diploma & 7 years of experience will be accepted in lieu of degree
- Candidate must be proficient in the transport of hazardous materials.
- Qualifications include: safety certification in accordance with AMC-R350-4; demonstrated ability and certified training to operate forklifts; ability to obtain a Class A commercial driver’s license with hazardous material endorsement; and, capability to lift heavy objects (up to 100 lbs).
- SECRET clearance required, TS/SCI preferred.
- Must have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI within 2 years of hire date.
- Candidate must be familiar with the process to obtain transportation permits for each state.
- Additional equipment to be operated include overhead cranes, mobile cranes, and forklifts.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain an Alabama driver’s license with HazMat endorsement within 45 days of start date (which will require proof of Alabama residency).
- Must meet minimum requirements for safe driving.
- Driving accident records will be requested upon hire along with any evidence that the candidate has violated laws governing the operation of motor vehicles including speeding, reckless driving, and operating while under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Desired Experience and Skills:
- The ideal candidate will possess the following experience, skills, and/or education in the following areas: Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) - Class A license with HazMat endorsement and Doubles/Triples Trailer Endorsements
- Training in handling hazardous materials to include Ammunition and Explosive Safety Certification
- Experience in the movement, deployment or configuration of weapon systems
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and other Office products
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in high-pressure environment
- Able to work independently and efficiently with deadlines
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Must be able to clearly articulate and communicate via email and phone calls
- Experience or knowledge of movement, storage and maintenance of ammunition
- An ability to keep accurate records
- Licensed or experienced in operating forklifts, overhead cranes, mobile cranes, and other warehouse equipment; Inspection of completed work for accuracy and compliance with established procedures.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 5, 2016, 4:23:00 PM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: