Full Time Employee
Panama City Beach
LWSF SCC Systems Administrator (Job Number:422313)
A System administrator (SA) is needed to support Littoral Warfare System Facility (LWSF) Service Cost Center (SCC) Mission Package Integration Lab (MPIL) customers at NSWC PCD. Efforts include the day-to-day on-site support and operation of both Classified (SECRET) and Unclassified information technology equipment following Department of Defense and Department of Navy policies and procedures. Multiple work shifts may be required, but are unlikely. All personnel must hold the appropriate clearance. Personnel may also be required to become approved to utilize Communications Security (COMSEC) equipment, procedures, and processes.
Responsibilities include the following:
- Open, close and maintain facility spaces according to the Physical Security and Information Assurance regulations.
- Startup and shut down equipment to meet requirements of the customers.
- Assist customers with reconfigurations as approved by the appropriate Configuration Control Board (CCB).
- Assist with responses to information assurance vulnerability alerts (IAVAs).
- Complete daily checks of all security containers, cages and rooms.
- Alert project engineer or system engineer of potential negative issues and real- time problems.
- Check out equipment prior to installation within the facility.
- Install software updates and provide repair services for consoles.
- Provide technical advice and assistance to customers.
- Maintain facility logs to document significant events affecting infrastructure and equipment; this includes such items as maintenance logs, equipment checkout and return, environmental control metrics.
- Troubleshoot equipment problems and provide hardware and software technical support.
- Perform hardware and software installations, upgrades, cleaning, and maintenance.
- Train customers on the operation of select equipment.
- Utilize the established naming conventions, numbering schema, and change request methodologies for all hardware, software, equipment, and documentation.
Within six months of assignment to this position, personnel will obtain certification for an assigned operating system (e.g., Windows, Solaris, Linux, or HP) and specific Information Assurance and Information Technology qualifications as directed by DoD 8570.01-M.
Clearance Level Must Possess: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and two (2) years or more experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 5, 2016, 7:58:12 AM
Primary Location: United States-FL-PANAMA CITY BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: