Full Time Employee
Senior Linux System Administrator (Job Number:422421)
- Linux Sys Admin Description: Provides and maintains support for a cluster of RedHat and CentOS 6+ servers, position includes integrating with R&D DevOps and demonstrating proactive approach in deploying and maintaining a pre-production environment.
- Within this role the individual will architect, install, configure and optimize computing systems and networks in a Linux based environment.
- High level operational maintenance, support and upgrades of complex operating systems
- Recommending, designing, and implementing systems management and automation systems
- Scheduling installations and upgrades per local policies and procedure
- Designing, configuring and tuning high availability Linux systems
- Assisting in implementing, executing, maintaining, and documenting proper procedures
- Participate in the modernization of product deployments, upgrades and maintenance
- Assisting with the management of data storage
- Installing, configuring, and managing network switches, load balancers, console servers, and other network devices.
- Working closely with other IT departments to help determine and develop systems that will be implemented.
- Bachelors degree or an additional 4 years of experience
- DOE L or DOD Secret level clearance required to start, with ability to upgrade to DOE Q clearance
- At least ten years of Linux system administration experience (RHEL / CENTOS)
- At least ten years of Cisco Router/Firewall/Switch Management
- General scripting skills with experience in Java, Python, Ruby, Bash or other scripting languages
- Experience with NoSQL Data stores
- GIT Source Control
- Taclane/Inline Network Encryptor (INE) Management
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 6, 2016, 11:06:33 AM
Primary Location: United States-NM-ALBUQUERQUE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: DOE L
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: DOE Q
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: