Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that was named as the 2016 America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a*Senior Buyer*to join our team in*Cedar Rapids, Iowa*. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
The Rockwell Collins Procurement Team is a significant member of the Supply Chain, working directly with key, strategic suppliers to support our internal and external customers. A buyer on this team has the opportunity to work with the various technologies that support the global Rockwell Collins Manufacturing locations
The individual selected to fill this requisition could support any technology, which includes mechanicals, hardware and other build to print or build to specification items as well as subcontracted items. A strong technical background is not required. A basic understanding of engineering drawings and product processing is a plus. The selected individual must be both self-starting and able to take direction from senior team members. Travel is expected to be infrequent and moderately to highly flexible.
The position is also responsible for, but not limited to, negotiating and settling with suppliers in regards to rejections, losses, return of materials, over shipments, and cancellations.
It will be necessary to build and maintain quality networks with senior internal and external personnel. This position represents the Enterprise Procurement Team and is the prime contact for Supply Chain related items; it also interacts with internal and external personnel on significant matters, often requiring coordination between organizations. It is expected that this individual will work independently and as a team leader.
Major strategic activities of this position may include, but are not limited to:
* Early engineering involvement
* Risk management analysis
* Cost reduction projects
* Supplier Relationship Management
* Normally receives little instruction on day to day work, general instructions on new assignments. Participates in determining objectives of assignment. Plans schedules and arranges own activities in accomplishing objectives. Work is reviewed upon completion.
* Develops solutions to a variety of complex problems. Many refer to established precedents and policies. Exerts some influence on the overall objectives and long-range goals of the organization. Erroneous decisions or failure to achieve objectives would normally have a serious effect upon the administration of the organization. Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors. Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
* Purchases a high volume and/or variety of materials, supplies and services. Evaluates bids, selects and recommends suppliers and negotiates prices, delivery, quality and service. Follows up on all awards until completion of order.
* May assist or lead in negotiations for major purchases by developing or compiling statistical information and gathering other data as required. Negotiates and settles with suppliers regarding rejections, losses, return of materials, over shipments, cancellations and engineering changes.
* Conducts supplier site visits and rates them as to production capability, performance and delivery.
* Confers with suppliers and analyzes their operations to determine factors that affect competitive total cost of ownership consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules. Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
* Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise. Represents organization as a prime contact on contracts or projects. Interacts with senior internal and external personnel on significant matters often requiring coordination between organizations.
* Compiles information from periodicals, internet sources, catalogs, and other sources to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
* Utilizes MRP system and processes to manage the outcome for assigned commodity types.
* Bachelor's degree in appropriate discipline or in the absence of a degree six years of related experience
* US Citizen or Permanent Resident (Green Card) is required
* Two or more years of experience in Supply Chain and/or Sales
* Knowledge of SAP system and processes to manage the outcome for assigned technology types is highly desired.
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation.We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or*5 percent if you save 8 percent*)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Organization:** **Enterprise Procurement*
**Title:** *Senior Buyer*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *PRO000001XC*
To apply for this job, contact: