Full Time Employee
Training Analyst - Doctrine SME (Job Number:422485)
SAIC anticipates an opening for a Training Analyst position in the near future (Nov-Dec 2016).
This position supports the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff (CJCS) force development and readiness pillars, and contributes to the development of joint doctrine for the United States Armed Forces.
This is a Flex Work position. Most duties will be performed via telework, with occasional onsite support at the SAIC offices in Arlington, VA and at the Joint Staff Joint Force Development Directorate (J-7), Joint Doctrine Division (JDD) in the Pentagon.
The primary responsibility of this position is to support JED action officers (AOs) as they develop or revise Joint Doctrine publications.
The successful candidate must have a bachelor’s degree, technical knowledge of US and multinational doctrine, planning and operations, joint military education, and joint training to satisfy this growing requirement.
The general tasks include:
- Support the development, review, and revision of all current joint doctrine publications.
- Support other doctrine projects, such as searching SAIC’s joint doctrine archives and Joint Working Group (JWG) files to answer queries from the Joint Doctrine Development Community.
- Test software, hardware, and applications that streamline the production of joint doctrine.
- In coordination with JED AOs, schedule and host JWGs at SAIC’s Arlington, VA site.
- Maintain and set up computers and audio/video equipment in support of JWGs.
- The successful candidate should have experience developing joint or Service doctrine, or in the development and promulgation of joint or Service policy and plans at the strategic or operational levels.
- Recent experience in the development of joint doctrine from a Joint Staff, combatant command or Service perspective is a highly desired.
- Service on the Joint Staff or with a combatant command staff is a significant qualification.
- Other recent joint assignments or joint-qualified officer status are also qualifying factors.
- Experience with Army, USMC, or Special Ops operations and planning is also a significant plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
2-3 years of over all experience.
- Familiarity with the Joint Staff Action Processing (JSAP) system is desirable but not required.
- The ability to operate independently yet integrate quickly and smoothly into a team military, government-service civilians, and contractor-support personnel in a high-visibility environment is a must.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills required, along with the ability to organize and execute complicated staff actions.
- May be asked to work in the Pentagon for a short period of time to learn the JSAP system.
- Top Secret security clearance is required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 7, 2016, 4:44:04 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-ARLINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: