ConAgra Foods (www.conagrafoodscareers.com/)
Full Time Employee
Build your career at ConAgra Foods. At ConAgra Foods, we make great food — everyday food — in extraordinary ways, which is why we’re creating meaningful career opportunities for the best and the brightest. Whether you’re a recent graduate or an experienced professional, ConAgra Foods provides extraordinary job opportunities for growth with competitive salaries and benefits in an exciting, fast-paced workplace.
Position Summary: A Senior Packaging Engineer leads the identification, development and commercialization of new, improved, and cost-reduced packaging while supporting the cross-functional project tasks. This position primarily leads complex base business projects and further supports the technical initiatives by the senior or principal engineer. Will act as a key packaging resource for multiple brand(s) and/or platform. Will work independently.
· Lead technical delivery of base business projects independently while simultaneously supporting high complexity technical projects.
· Develop ideas for savings, innovation, and quality improvements that are relevant to the business.
· Collaborate with business, and technical peers on assigned brand(s), as well as external partners and resources.
· Independently plan, execute, and analyze plant/pilot plant/lab trials.
· Prepare and present results of technical report to leadership team, both written and oral.
· Review and approve, interpret, develop, and issue technical specifications.
· Utilized as a subject matter expert in selected packaging technology platforms.
· Establish strong working relationship with key suppliers.
· Maintain strong understanding and application of experimental design, performance specs, and CQV design.
· Maintain a working knowledge of the packaging principles and operating systems for the assigned business.
· Maintain awareness of technical trends and developments in the packaging industry.
· Participate and/or lead brainstorming and information gathering for resource planning process as needed.
· Mentor to associate engineers.
· Gain familiarity with fiscal and strategic plans of team.
· Contribute as needed on cross-functional teams.
· Become aware of project tasks implications to budget.
· Bachelors in Packaging, Engineering, or related field required, Masters preferred.
· Minimum of 5 years work experience in packaging industry, CPG preferred.
· Strong understanding of packaging materials capabilities and equipment.
· Understanding of government regulatory requirements in the processing of food.
· Strong ability to collaborate and maintain cross-functional partnerships, both internally and externally.
· Ability to effectively, appropriately communicate to senior organization, both verbally and nonverbally.
· Advanced analytical and logical problem solving abilities.
· Basic understanding of food science and how food affects packaging.
· Basic understanding of food safety, sanitary design, and equipment cleaning.
· Thorough understanding of physical and structure package testing procedures.
· Financial understanding to optimize profitability.
· Teambuilding skills that focus on mentoring and coaching.
· Strong negotiating skills when working through conflict resolution.
· Ability to pursue exclusivity and/or patents.
· Proficient in Microsoft Office.
Position Physical Requirements:
Incumbent must have the ability to effectively perform all of the following physical
demands without assistance:
· Ability to travel up to 50% of time
· Ability to lift 25 to 50 lbs
· Ability to stand for 75% of a day
· Ability to sit for 4 hours at a time
This position description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the incumbent may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
ConAgra Foods, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.Research and Development
To apply for this job, contact: