Full Time Employee
Systems Engineer (Job Number:422449)
- The successful applicant will be responsible for the development and maintenance of software and hardware used in the operation of flight and Air Traffic Management (ATM) simulators at the NASA Ames Research Center’s Vertical Motion Simulator (VMS), Crew Vehicle Systems Research facility (CVSRF), and Future Flight Central (FFC), collectively known as SimLabs.
- The successful applicant will have working knowledge of real-time flight simulation with a focus on hardware/software integration.
- This individual will lead and participate in teams to create, enhance, integrate, and maintain high-fidelity flight simulators and high and medium fidelity ATM simulators and supporting facilities to be used at the SimLabs.
- The successful applicant will demonstrate familiarity with fundamental systems engineering and project management principles.
- The individual will be responsible for developing and maintaining schedules for projects assigned, along with materials specification and trade studies.
- The individual is also responsible for project documentation, including OEM documentation, maintenance and operations procedures, and other design documentation.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
BS and 2 years of experience.
Required Education/Skills: Bachelor of Science in Engineering - Systems, Aerospace, Electrical, Mechanical, or equivalent/related field. Good understanding of flight simulations and simulator systems in order to maintain, operate and upgrade high fidelity simulation systems used for research. Working knowledge of software programming languages and tools (such as LabVIEW and MATLAB); and of designing and troubleshooting hardware systems used for flight simulation.
Desirable skills: Experience in real-time piloted flight simulation and/or pilot training/certification is desirable.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 10, 2016, 7:18:07 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-MOFFETT FIELD
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: