Full Time Employee
Electrical Engineer (Job Number:422455)
- SAIC is currently seeking a self- motivated electrical engineer to support the development, integration, and testing of a wide range of underwater and test-equipment systems.
- Candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team of electrical & mechanical engineers, and technicians.
- He or she will help to define, design, document, test, and build electrical systems and subsystems.
- Technical areas of focus may include Unmanned Underwater Vehicles (UUVs), torpedo test equipment,
- Test Facility infrastructure, sonar electronics, and other continually evolving tasking. Examples of some current tasking include:
- Design of AC power and signal distribution for a facility test system including large motors, pumps, and National Instruments PXI measurement hardware
- Electrical and software development of an Arduino, Raspberry Pi, etc. microcontroller-based measurement system with COTS DAQ, custom signal conditioning, and system design
- Development of audio-band analog data acquisition system including custom electrical design, PCB design, and testing -System-level OrCAD Capture schematic documentation of a torpedo test system
- Creation of a test plan to evaluate multiple custom circuit cards, followed by the testing of those cards.
DESIRED SKILLS MAY INCLUDE SOME (NOT ALL) OF THE FOLLOWING:
- 2+ years of experience in electrical or electronics engineering.
- Electronic design in the area of power electronics, audio-band amplifiers and filtering, and/or high-speed digital.
- Experience with underwater systems such as ROVs, UUVs, AUVs, and underwater concepts such as sonar, arrays, and transducers.
- PCB design with Mentor Graphics PADS Layout, and/or Cadence OrCAD PCB Designer
- Familiarity designing end editing system-level and circuit- level electrical schematics in Cadence OrCAD Capture.
- Familiarity with the use of National Instruments products including PXI & LabView
- Familiarity with various sensors including temperature, pressure, flow, and RPM, and the measurement, collection, and analysis of sensor data.
- Beginner to intermediate FPGA experience
- Intermediate programming skills in C, C++, or Python, targeted for Linux/embedded sytems.
- Performing market research and selection of electronic components.
- Developing and executing test plans for electronic subsystems and custom PCBs.
- Use of electrical test equipment including oscilloscopes, function generators, and meters.
- Working with technicians to monitor production of assemblies and resolving documentation issues.
- Excellent written, listening, and interpersonal communication skills in order to interact professionally and clearly to co-workers, vendors, and customers.
- Must be highly motivated and have excellent problem solving skills.
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Must be able to work in a team environment while completing tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion.
- Must be able to obtain clearance up to the level of SECRET.
- B.S. in Electrical Engineering
- M.S in Electrical Engineering desired, but not required
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 10, 2016, 7:23:57 AM
Primary Location: United States-RI-MIDDLETOWN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: