Full Time Employee
Data Scientist (Job Number:422483)
SAIC currently has a contingent opening for a Data Scientist with a good blend of analytical, modeling/simulation, and engineering skills.
- Perform analytical activities on Department of Homeland Security (DHS) mission data in support of Science and Technology Directorate programs, including predictive analytics, developing technical solutions, and performing analytical hierarchy process on large data sets.
- Conduct technical assessment(s) of DHS capabilities and interoperability, to identify gaps, overlaps, shortfalls and deficiencies in capabilities and to develop specific doctrine, organization, training, material, leadership, personnel, facilities (DOTMLPF) solution(s) to improve capabilities and/or reduce the risk created by identified deficiencies.
- Analyze architectures or models for developing and conducting process simulations of proposed DHS solutions to support the business case needed for a DHS Resource Allocation Process (RAP) submission. Frequently interact with task leaders, supervisors, and support personnel
- Coordinate analysis with DHS and Department and Defense (DoD) customers
Demonstrated prior experience that must be met to be considered for the position.
- Possession of a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university. A minimum of two (2) years of related experience, 0 years with Masters
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or mathematics discipline (preferably software engineering, statistics, applied mathematics, or operations research)
- Database querying language (SQL) and statistical programming language capability (R or Python) Experience with Process Modeling Notation Software (iGRAFX, Process Simulator, etc)
- Knowledge of US Border Patrol’s (USBP) systems and processes
- Familiarity with Department of Defense Architecture Framework (DODAF) system architectures
- Applicant selected must be able to obtain a SECRET security clearance and able to pass a DHS suitability background investigation
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 10, 2016, 10:16:02 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: