Full Time Employee
U.S. Navy Metrology Calibration (METCAL) Auditor (Job Number:422627)
The successful applicant will provide administrative and technical coordination, conduct audits and liaison functions related to fleet interface with the COMNAVSEASYSCOM Metrology Calibration (METCAL) Program and METCAL Auditing Support.
• Provide calibration support for mechanical and electrical/electronic test equipment owned and used by MARMC’s Engineering Department.
• Confer both orally and in writing with representatives of all levels from outside activities, commands, civilian and military, concerning specific equipment problems and other general NAVSEA metrology calibration matters.
• Conduct Calibration Capability Evaluations (CCE), provide on the job training to personnel, conduct ship visits and provide written debriefs to MARMC leadership on results, represent MARMC Code 212 at meetings, conferences and seminars.
• TRAVEL REQUIRED: Up to 25% (CONUS and OCONUS and aboard US Navy ships)
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
• High School Diploma
• A minimum of five (5) years general experience in assessment, repair and calibration of military measuring instruments.
• A minimum of two (2) years specific experience calibration quality management.
• Documented completion of ISO 9001Auditor/Lead Auditor Training.
• A thorough knowledge of intricate methodology and principles of chemistry, physics, temperature, rotation, pressure, flow, torque and dimensional measurement techniques as it applies to METCAL.
• Department of Defense - Dept. of the Navy (Agency) - Level 2: 3-6 yrs
• ISO 9001 (Technical Specialty) - Level 2: 3-6 yrs ISO Internal Auditor (Technical Specialty
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 11, 2016, 3:33:34 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-NORFOLK
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: