Full Time Employee Contractor
Become an integral part of a diverse team that leads the world in Mission, Cyber, and Intelligence Solutions. At ManTech International Corporation, you will help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
The Program Security Officer will provide comprehensive program security, responsible for the implementation of national program security policy directives through each phase of the acquisition life cycle (i,e., research and development, testing, production, delivery, integration, launch, operations, and closeout) and for providing security guidance concerning personnel, physical, operational, technical, information, industrial, counterintelligence, and computer security issues to Government and contractor personnel. PSOs also act as the cognizant security sponsors for numerous sensitive compartmented information facilities (SCIFs) throughout the United States and perform regular assessments of SCIF efficacy in protecting information. In addition, PSOs are responsible for overseeing the daily administration of all security aspects of their assigned program(s). They assist program management in understanding and implementing security initiatives and develop risk management methodologies to minimize cost while maximizing protection to the program’s most sensitive assets.
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Provide security related guidance at program related Technical Exchange Meetings (TEMs), staff meetings, telcons, kick-off meetings, Program Management Reviews, etc.
• Develop and provide forward leaning innovative solutions and efficiencies in areas of security support.
• Develop and execute protection strategies for existing programs, developing programs, or new concepts.
• Provide input regarding security requirements and controls for facilities and systems where National Security Information (NSI) is processed, stored, or transmitted.
• Advise team members on program or operational security risks and explain associated risks, mitigation strategies, and resolution options.
• Review and write evaluations of security proposals and plans.
• Write, review, and/or evaluate security proposal and plans, such as Operational Security (OPSEC) Plans, Program Protection Plans, DD 254’s, and Contract Data Classification Worksheets, etc. focusing on safety and security of personnel, assets, resources, and mission.
• Conduct risk assessments and analysis, develop mitigation plans and concept of operations to support threat assessments and vulnerability analysis.
• Coordinate and prepare Security Engineering Service Requests per the Customer’s instruction.
• Coordinate and jointly develop IT Security Polices with the CIO organization.
• Provide assistance and guidance to government and industry security personnel, related to IC and DoD security policies, directives and instructions.
• Other assigned duties as necessary to ensure excellent customer service and mission success.
• Bachelor's Degree and 10 years relevant PSO experience.
• Must have at least 5 years of PSO experience supporting the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO) including experience with RESERVE program security support and Program Protection.
• In depth and practicing knowledge of IC and DoD physical, technical and IT security requirements for the protection of NSI.
• Familiarity with ICD 503 & 705 processes.
• Knowledge and practice of Analytical Risk Management (ARM) implementation standards.
• Understand how to ensure that the SSP, POA&M and all other IT security documents are prepared.
• Previous experience verifying the responsibilities of the ISSM/ISSO/ISSE, and SCIF accreditor duties.
• Experience performing Industry PSO Oversight.
• IA or A&A experience is desired.
• Capable of developing and implementing a specific security task or specialty in support of a SCIF environment.
• Ability to operate in a demanding and fast paced environment.
• Effective verbal and written communication skills.
• Travel may be required up to 25%.
Security Requirements: Must possess an active TS/SCI to be considered and must obtain and maintain a CI Poly.
Keywords: Program Security, Program Protection, NRO
To apply for this job, contact: