General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
Senior Business Analyst
Please paste the detailed description of the job in the text box below:
Develops computer systems specifications that address business requirements and that fit with company/customer system architecture standards.
1. Analyzes and evaluates existing or proposed systems and designs complex computer systems to process data.
2. Analyzes systems and procedures to refine their formulation and converts them to programmable formats.
3. Defines systems objectives and prepares system design specifications to meet requirements.
4. Writes or updates software specifications.
5. Creates logical data models based on functional requirements.
6. Performs quality assurance review of specifications for internal and external delivery.
7. Analyzes detail systems factors, including input and output requirements, information flow, hardware and softw are requirements, and reliability characteristics.
8. Develops analytical tools for use in the design and redesign of systems.
9. Coordinates with client to define problem, determine data availability, report requirements, and resolve system design problems.
10. Provides guidance and work leadership to less-experienced analysts, and may have supervisory responsibilities.
11. May serve as a technical team or task leader.
12. Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies as assigned.
13. Participates in special projects as required.
* Bachelors Degree in a Computer Science or related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical certifications or training, or work experience.
* 8-10 years of directly related computer systems analysis and/or programming experience.
* Defines and documents customer business functions and processes.
* Consults with functional unit management and personnel to identify, define and document business needs and objectives, current operational procedures, problems, input and output requirements, and levels of systems access.
* Acts as a liaison between departmental end-users, technical analysts, information technology analysts, consultants and other governmental organizations.
* Analyzes the feasibility of, and develops requirements for, new systems and enhancements to existing systems; ensures the system design fits the needs of the users.
* Tracks and fully documents changes for functional and business specifications; writes detailed procedures for permanent records and for use in training.
* Identifies opportunities for improving business processes through information systems and/or non-system changes
* Reads and interprets systems and functional technical literature and translates in terms understandable to the end-users.
* Plans, organizes and conducts business process reengineering/improvement projects and/or management reviews. (Examples are projects requiring strategic analysis of an entire process or operating area where specific issues or items to be corrected, examined or recommended have not been identified.)
* Researches and prepares analytical reports. Consolidates information into written form for use in management decision-making.
* Assists in developing an overall change management strategy for the AF enterprise.
* Conducts analysis to assess the potential implications of requirement changes on systems and enterprises.
* Ability to review and understand data architecture and communicate the data field analysis to the customer
* Ability to learn and understand how to leverage DoDAF 2.0 within business processes modeling (BPM) development Active secret security clearance.
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job, contact: