Full Time Employee
Accounting Analyst (Job Number:422700)
SAIC currently has a job opening for an Accounting Analyst in McLean, VA.
Candidate will be responsible for supporting various aspects of accounting and finance functions for the largest and more complex contracts including periodic and quarterly close cycles, revenue recognition, accounts receivable, accounts payable, fixed assets, audit/compliance, and general ledger analysis to ensure financial statements are complete and accurate working across various functional areas. This will include the periodic revenue recognition activities for the Company’s direct contracts including certifying the integrity of the projects module in Costpoint as it relates to revenue recognition and reporting. The candidate will provide guidance during initial project setup regarding revenue recognition, unit of accounting and thresholds for standard contracts. Additional responsibilities include but are not limited to, Initialization Report review, EAC review, unbilled reconciliations, funding reviews, accrual review, journal entry preparation, reconciling balances, collections support, fluctuation analysis, investigating and resolving discrepancies, and quarterly reporting support.
- The applicant must be able to work on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Knowledgeable of GAAP
- Familiarity with the FAR
- The candidate should be able to exercises independent judgment within generally defined practices and policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Ability to work independently and accomplish tasks without considerable direction.
- Strong analytical, communication, and presentations skills are required.
- The candidate must have intermediate to advanced Excel skills using complex formulas.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting and 0 to 6 years of related experience is required.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va. For more information, visit www.saic.com.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2016, 1:46:31 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-MCLEAN
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: