Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Serves as a Section Supervisor overseeing laboratory operations and serving as a resource for technologists performing complex specimen processing and testing to assist physicians in the diagnosis of patients.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in Medical Technology or a related science field, from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Must have completed an accredited Medical Technology training program.
- Must have six years of advanced to complex level applicable clinical laboratory experience to include one year of experience in a 'lead' capacity
Equivalent Education and/or Experience
- May have an equivalent combination of education and experience to substitute for the experience requirements.
- Must be certified as a Medical Technologist by a national certification agency.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Must be able to demonstrate an expert knowledge of laboratory techniques.
- Must be able to demonstrate knowledge and ability to operate, maintain and troubleshoot a variety of laboratory equipment.
- Must be able to identify problems adversely affecting tests and resolve problems.
- Must be able to maintain accurate records, give and follow oral/written instructions, and communicate effectively with hospital and laboratory personnel.
- Must be able to demonstrate a working knowledge of computers.
- Must be able to demonstrate effective supervisory and interpersonal skills.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.Chemistry
To apply for this job, contact: