Full Time Employee
Network Engineer (Job Number:422685)
SAIC is seeking Network Engineer in Vienna, VA.
Responsible for managing the configuration, installation, and on-going support of the Network Infrastructure, which includes Cisco routers, switches, firewalls, Brocade switches, F5 load balancers, and Checkpoint and PaloAlto firewalls. The candidate for this position should have hands on technical skills with various network technologies. The scope of this position includes supporting network operations, maintenance, and engineering all aspects of connectivity, Firewall support, VPN support (IPSEC tunnels and remote access), implementing advanced technologies, performing system upgrades and providing recommendations for enhancement to the computing environment.
- Provide superior customer service to clients, including response to escalations, proactively notifying customers of network issues, and assessing and communicating business impact.
- Knowledge of MS Windows Server 2008/2012, Remote Desktop Server, SharePoint Farm, IIS, Firewalls, and Enterprise Networks/VLAN.
- Configure and install various network devices and services (e.g., routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, VPN, QoS).
- Perform network maintenance and system upgrades including service packs, patches, hot fixes, and security configurations.
- Work with the existing network administrators and engineers to manage, deploy, and troubleshoot firewalls, routers, and VPN concentrators.
- Assist with implementing new switches, routers, firewalls, load balancers, and other network management/analysis/troubleshooting, and provide input for developing local operating procedures and policies as needed or requested.
- Monitor performance and ensure system availability and reliability.
- Monitor system resource utilization, trending, and capacity planning
- Provide Level-2/3 support and troubleshooting to resolve issues
- Basic understanding of Cloud Computing and Cloud Infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of related experience or 9 years of related experience.
- Required Experience/Skills/Attributes:
- Hands on experience with Cisco, Brocade, Aruba switches.
- Experience with Cisco, Juniper, and brocade routers.
- Working knowledge of at least two of the following: EIGRP, MPLS, BGP, and OSPF.
- Working technical knowledge of network switching protocols (STP, CDP, and LLDP).
- Solid understanding of OSI or TCP/IP model.
- Experience with Cisco ASA, Checkpoint, and Palo Alto firewalls.
- Expert knowledge and understanding of TCP/IP network technologies; DNS, DHCP, TFTP, NAT, and SSL.
- Knowledge of cabling and wiring systems, design, and installation.
- Ability to operate tools, components, peripherals, and testing accessories.
- Job Requirements:
- 2-4 Years of Enterprise Network Engineering experience (LAYER 2 and 3).
- Participation in 24/7 on-call rotation is required for this role.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 4+ years’ experience managing network environment.
- Clearance Requirement:
- Must be able to obtain a Public Trust Clearance prior to starting work.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2016, 12:06:52 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIENNA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: