Full Time Employee
Junior Java Developer (Job Number:422695)
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides support in specialized technology areas that can include, but is not limited to, elements such as: Web design, requirements/specifications definition, analysis, assessments, planning, design, development, integration, testing, installation, performance tuning, deployment, or maintenance.
- Assists with strategic or tactical planning to justify, market, or manage the technology needed for successful business operations. Support user training, as required.
- Contributes to or develops technical documentation. Contribute to technical presentations. Use applicable methodologies, modeling/estimating techniques, tools, applications, systems, software, or databases to perform assigned tasks.
- Candidate must comply with the standard and organization requirements relative to specific assignments.
- Zero years? experience with a completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field. Four years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor?s Degree.
- Ability to interface with clients and gather requirements and facilitate meetings.
- Ability to work in small, rapid-development teams.
- Strong communication skills and ability to work closely with customer in analyzing requirements.
- United States citizen with NO dual citizenship.
- DOD Secret Clearance (Day 1 requirement, a minimum interim secret required to start).
- CompTIA Security Plus Certification (Day 1 requirement).
- 1+ years design, development, and testing java applications. (Preferred but not required. School Experience considered.)
- Java Certification.
- Experience with J2EE and the Spring Framework.
- Experience with SQL Databases such as SQL Server, Oracle, or Sybase.
- Experience with Application servers such as Tomcat, JBoss, WebLogic or WebSphere.
- Experience with SOAP and RESTful Web Services.
- Solid understanding of design patterns and how to apply them.
- Experience with JPA and Hibernate ORM technologies.
- Experience with Linux/Unix operating systems.
- Candidate would be expected to work as part of a team where they would be given specific tasks and suspense?s with technical supervision from the technical lead.
- Strong customer service, organizational skills, knowledge of applicable DoD/Government policies and procedures and experience with Army Recruiting and/or Military.
- Ability to work independently without direction from other project members.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2016, 9:52:06 AM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: