Full Time Employee
Citrix Systems Administrator (Job Number:422699)
Position Title: Citrix Support Engineer
Purpose of the Position:
Provide Citrix Environment Administration for the integration of a large Citrix Farm within an enterprise system as part of a complex team environment. Provides systems integration support, software application administration support. Proactively monitor the environment for patch compliance, approve patch and security changes and when justified by business needs, create solutions to meet highly complex infrastructure needs. Respond to Tier 2 escalations through Remedy for Citrix XenApp, Citrix XenDesktop and Citrix NetScaler per Request for Changes (RFC) and upgrades required and assignments. Required to develop monitoring rules and application solutions for supported teams and perform system maintenance, and troubleshooting, traffic and performance analysis per work load assigned by team lead. Ability to add or modify web server infrastructure with scripts, programmatic enhancements and upgrades and design and document new and existing infrastructure changes while work in conjunction with the Information Assurance team to create and maintain all system build guides, technical drawings and schematics, and test plans. Ability to perform research, development, and testing in a lab environment prior to transitioning a product to production environment and assist with configuration of similar production and lab environments and notify test and development environment management when production system changes. Must execute engineering and operational plans and revise as appropriate and able to clearly communicate the status of all projects to client, senior technical engineering lead, or project manager.
Duties & Responsibilities: Responsible for maintaining the operation of multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators at multiple levels to include setting up administrator and multiple service accounts and maintains system documentation, tuning system performance, installing system wide software while demonstrating extensive experience with Citrix upgrades, implementations, and optimization. Conduct analysis and assist in optimization strategy for upcoming Citrix Upgrade. Facilitate and participate in a current state and gap analysis including consideration for content analysis, design, linkage and/or fan out between tools. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products. Makes recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provides backup recovery. Develops and monitors policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Plans and executes a variety of highly complex assignments associated with managing and controlling a Citrix Farm
- Assist with day- to-day operational and application maintenance duties.
- Provide maintenance and support for applications and servers
- Provide security authorization, administration and end user support.
- Monitor System performance, perform functional and technical analysis.
- Create and maintain end user and support documentation.
- Provide end user training.
- Record and track issues.
- Participate in the installation and testing of supported Citrix applications.
- Responsible for installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and management of applicable compliance with the system technical implementation guideline standards (STIGs) and functional requirements for the Classified closed environment.
- Optimizes the functionality of Classified closed environments; and diagnosis and recovers failed systems, files and data.
- Responsible for overall security management of Classified closed environment and follows best practices recommendations and process.
- Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent years of experience) in the field of Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or related field and 5+ years of related experience as an engineer in an enterprise Citrix (XENAPP) with 5+ years of related experience. Four additional years of related experience will be considered in lieu of a Bachelor’s degree. Or a Master’s degree and 3+ years’ experience. Significant experience may substitute for minimum educational requirements.
- Work at a highly technical level to design, develop and implement Citirx (XENAPP) changes to application and services.
- Monitor system hardware and software services and recommends effective utilization of resources. Investigate potential system performance problems and implements emergency recovery procedures.
- Respond to system and environment problems by analyzing the problem, formulating a solution, and quickly repairing the system to avoid costly interruption of services to end users.
- Maintain knowledge of hardware, software, and/or systems products to continuously improve system utilization, performance and financial benefits. Required Qualifications:
- A self-starter, capable of working both independently and in team environments.
- Strong customer service, organizational skills, knowledge of applicable DoD/Government policies and procedures.
- 5+ years of experience administering and deploying Citrix servers and with Citrix farm administration with 300 or more servers in a VMware environment
- 4+ year Citrix Xenapp version 5 server deployment and administration
- 10+ years of experience deploying servers using Citrix Auto- Provisioning and EdgeSite advanced administration
- Understanding of distributed systems architecture
- Citrix Netscaler
- Xenapp servers running on Windows Server 2008
- Experience with HP Blade servers
- Experience with VMware vSphere 5
- Terminal Services Administration
- Experience with Citrix XenApp 5
- Citrix Secure Gateway/Access Gateway
- Citrix License server and MS Terminal server administration
- Must possess a CompTIA Security+ certification
- Must hold an active Department of Defense Security Clearance (interim Secret minimum).
- Ability to effectively adapt to rapidly changing technology and apply it to business needs
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2016, 12:17:07 PM
Primary Location: United States-KY-FORT KNOX
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: