Full Time Employee
Ground Segment Lead (Job Number:422648)
SAIC is seeking a Ground Segment Lead to join a System Engineering and Technical Assistance (SETA) and System Integration (SI) team on a new, multi-INT national program. Directly supervise 7 talented staff; coordinate efforts and provide direction to numerous engineers in matrixed organization. Works daily with the customers; reports directly to the Program Manager.
Apply Ground System engineering skills working through documentation, working groups, coordination with customers and developers. Work across segments to resolve issues with a System Integration end-to-end focus. Identify programmatic and engineering issues and make recommendations for their resolution to the government customer and the development contractor. Provide oversight of Program Prime Contractor Ground Segment engineering processes to include evaluation of technical, risk, and cost impacts to the program baseline. As program evolves from integration and test, into operational preparations, system deployment, and mission operations, extend your role to support these phases including direct support to real time system operations.
Participate with other SETAs, customers, analysts and developers in a demonstration & app development lab for planning specific tasking and processing approaches and sensor / collection demonstrations.
- BS Degree in engineering or related technical field or relevant experience (4 years) and 14 years of Information Technology experience.
- Experience managing technical personnel on Intelligence Community programs
- Experience on national space programs with emphasis on mission ground stations
- 10 years of experience on large multi-segment development programs, including significant experience in ground system engineering and systems integration
- Ground system and mission control software experience
- Mission readiness, rehearsal and mission operations experience for satellite operations
- Knowledge of Signals Intelligence (SIGINT) and/or GEOINT ground system tasking, collection, processing, exploitation and dissemination (TCPED)
- Experience supporting the Intelligence Community, with emphasis on CIA, NRO, NGA and NSA
- Experience with transitioning programs from development to mission operations
- Self starter, pro active, able to work as a leader or as a team member
- Strong written and verbal communication skills to effectively work with customers, developers, other SETAs and other agencies as needed, while communicating status, issues and recommendations to the program office. Create and present briefings.
- TS/SCI with poly
- Masters Degree in Engineering or related technical field
- Experience or knowledge of C2S Cloud Services and migrating data and compute infrastructure into Gov-cloud environments
- Experience with web services and Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- Experience with ICD 503 certifications
- Experience with DOORS requirement management software
- Experience with Clear Quest and Clear Case software tools
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 13, 2016, 11:46:26 AM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI CI Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI CI Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: