Full Time Employee
Procurement Analyst Sr (Job Number:422713)
SAIC currently has a job opening for Senior Buyer, in Huntsville, AL. Candidate will procure goods and administer purchase orders of moderate to high dollar value, risk, and complexity and will report to a Purchasing Manager with matrix reporting to a Program Subcontracts & Procurement Manager.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES:
- Prepares request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages.
- Sourcing IT Hardware and software, fabricated parts, machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, parts, services, and/or supplies and incidental services necessary for operation of an organization or program
- Responsibilities include the development and negotiation of favorable prices, terms, schedules and other provisions of purchase orders and acquisition contracts, ensuring consistency with client requirements and procurement policies/procedures.
- Reviews license agreements, negotiates terms and conditions, and works with requester, legal, cyber security and privacy to reduce and mitigate risk to SAIC.
- Purchase order administration/file maintenance
- Closeout for all procurement related activities and supplier customer management, including negotiating price/cost and price/cost-related terms and other subcontract provisions
- Confers with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and determines lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules
- Recommends suppliers based on gathered information and may also recommend improvements to procurement processes and procedures
- Will be required to analyze proposals for all areas of compliance (cost/schedule/T&C/technical/etc.) and will be involved in supplier negotiations leading to subcontract and purchase order definitizations associated with suppliers and subcontractors of various size and capabilities within the industry
- Ensures post award compliance on the supplier’s performance (cost, schedule, technical, SAIC policies and procedures, and all other terms and conditions) of awarded agreements
- Assume other responsibilities as requested in support of departmental/program goals and objectives
- Participate and lead in the development of procurement strategies and plans in accordance with procurement policies
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Public trust
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in business or related field plus 12 years of experience
Master’s Degree in business or related field desired
- Excellent time management skills
- Full understanding of Best Value purchasing, methods of Source Selection and weighted evaluations, technical trade-offs, and development of Procurement Strategy.
- Understand the methods for conducting Market Research.
- Ability to teach/train technical and business evaluation teams in procurement integrity, source selection rules, and avoiding conflicts of interest.
- Solid communications skills, both written and oral. Ability to communicate across several levels of staff and customers/vendors
- Ability to communicate complex concepts, proposals, and
- Strong team player
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel and Outlook
- Working knowledge of government procurement and Federal Acquisition Regulations
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Working knowledge of different subcontract types including FFP, T&M, Cost Plus and hybrid
- Exhibit critical thinking and analytical skills
- Candidate must possess a positive and proactive attitude and ability to handle multiple high visibility critical tasks simultaneously
Previous team leadership experience, CPSR Audit requirements, Price Analysis Techniques, Costpoint Purchasing System, Small Business Subcontracting Plans
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 14, 2016, 9:55:37 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: