Parkland Health and Hospital System (www.parklandcareers.com)
Full Time Employee
Looking for your next opportunity? If so, choose Parkland and discover what a meaningful job feels like. Whether you work directly with patients or use your talent to support our care, you’ll be part of a team that’s providing valuable health services to Dallas County residents. And here, you’ll have the opportunity to put all your skills to work, and the support to grow and advance in your job and your field. Step into a career that will make a substantial difference for our patients—and for you. We blend cultures, talents, and experience into an exemplary health and hospital system. Parkland has earned distinction as one of America’s Best Hospitals by U.S News and World Report every year since 1994.
Provides crisis intervention, information, resource referral and support services for victims of violence to promote personal safety and enhance emotional healing.
- Must have a Bachelor's degree in criminal justice or social services related field; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Prefer licensed Social Worker by the Texas Department of Human Services, if applicable.
- Must have a Texas Class C Driver License and be insurable.
Skills or Special Abilities:
- Bilingual in Spanish is preferred.
- Must be able to demonstrate PC skills to include utilization of Word & Excel.
- Must be able to utilize department specific software to complete job related tasks such as data entry of charges.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with victims of all ages and socioeconomic backgrounds, community resource agencies/organizations, and law enforcement and judicial representatives.
- Must have good crisis intervention, problem solving and mediation skills.
- Must have working knowledge of community resources beneficial to victims.
- Must demonstrate client centered/client valued behaviors.
Parkland Health and Hospital System prohibits discrimination based on age (40 or over), race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, disability, national origin, marital status, political belief, or veteran status.VIP/RC
To apply for this job, contact: