M C Dean Inc. (www.mcdean.com)
Full Time Employee
M.C. Dean, Inc. is the nation’s premier electrical design-build and systems integration firm for complex, mission-critical organizations. M.C. Dean’s capabilities include electrical, electronic security, telecommunications, life-safety, instrumentation and control, and command and control systems. M.C. Dean, Inc. serves a diverse group of markets including Fortune 1000 corporations; universities; high tech and biotech firms; Federal; state, and local government clients; and other organizations with large scale, complex, and mission-critical infrastructure needs. Established in 1949, M.C. Dean, Inc. has earned a reputation as an innovator and pioneer. Headquartered in Dulles, Virginia, M.C. Dean, Inc. employs more than 2,500 professionals in offices throughout the Eastern United States, Europe and the Middle East.
M.C. Dean, Inc. offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary; medical, dental, vision, life and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401k Retirement Plan and Military Reserve pay offset.
Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
For more information about our company, you can visit www.mcdean.com.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Exciting career opportunity for a System Administrator to join one of the region's fastest growing companies. M.C. Dean, Inc. is a design-build electrical engineering, construction, and technology company with more than 2900 employees with offices in Washington, D.C.; Northern Virginia; Richmond, Virginia; Baltimore, Maryland; Atlanta, Georgia; Clearwater/Tampa, Florida; Charleston, South Carolina; and Stuttgart, Germany.
M.C. Dean, Inc., offers an excellent benefits package including a competitive salary, medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance; paid-time off; tuition reimbursement; 401(k) Retirement Plan; and Military Reserve pay offset.
?Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.?
Responsibilities for the System Administrator IT/AV System Are:
- Acts as site lead for all technical issues for M.C. Dean.
- Manage, track and resolve all service tickets for the IT and AV systems
- Coordinate all on-site and off-site support for the IT and AV systems
- Install and maintain network switches, routers, and encryptors
- Install and maintain workstation and laptop computers
- Manage and coordinate all user accounts for customers
- Install and maintain all DISA security patches and STIGs on network equipment and user workstations
- Troubleshoot hardware and software issues on user workstations
- Perform reporting and presentations to leadership regarding on-site status and issues
- Install and maintain AV equipment including AV control system, fiber optic video and audio switches, IPTV system, digital signage, displays, and audio systems.
- Strong troubleshooting capability with large complex AV systems
- Knowledgeable in IT terminology and best practices
- Proficient supporting desktop and network equipment
- Ability to accurately log incident tickets in Remedy ITSM software
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence
- Ability to generate procedural documentation for the various systems of which the AV system is comprised.
- Strong organizational skills
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter
- Ability to reset local and network passwords, add and remove users
- Aptitude and willingness to learn information technology support functions and processes
Specific desired experience, skills and certifications are as follows:
- Eight (8) years of IT and AV engineer, installation, operations, and/or maintenance activities on multiple systems and with multiple customer programs
- Windows OS 7 and 10 Tier I/II IT support
- Active U.S. TS clearance with ability to obtain TS/SCI
- Vendor IT Certifications (Microsoft, Cisco, Crestron, etc.)
- CompTIA Security+
- Microsoft Office (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/etc.)
- Valid drivers license
Formal Training as follows:
- Professional-Level Certifications;
- Bachelor of Science in a technical engineering or IT degree preferred.
- 5+ years AV System O&M and/or (e.g. Thinklogical, Extron, Crestron, Nexia)
- Experience debugging using Crestron ToolBox
- Ability to read Crestron SIMPL code
- Experience using Android OS
To apply for this job, contact: