General Dynamics Information Technology (www.gdit.com)
Full Time Employee
We seek an experienced Senior Network Administrator to manage all current and planned systems that support our customer’s COTS applications including network and system design, implementation, and management. Currently all network management is done via command line interface. The agency is planning to implement Radius within the next year.
To be successful in this position you need to be collaborative and willing to work within a team. While you will need to be a self-starter completing tasks on your own, working together is critical in this role. You will be interfacing with the client and senior staff. Therefore you should be articulate in your communications because your opinion matters. You will need to explain technical intricacies in a way that is easily understood.
* With minimum guidance provides senior-level technical expertise, including performing in-depth and complex network support.
* Upgrading, documenting, and testing of the LAN operating system(s) and its components IAW the Army Gold Master to ensure that they are operating correctly.
* Upgrading, documenting, and testing of all baselines created to ensure that it is operating correctly.
* Collaborate with internal and external personnel, Network Enterprise Centers, Theater Network Operations Centers and DISA to identify and resolve any connectivity or latency issues across the CONUS and OCONUS VPN architecture.
* Manage and monitor the LANs, VPNs and WAN.
* Develop performance and throughput benchmarks for the LANs, VPNs and WAN.
* Troubleshoot and develop recommendations to resolve network problems such as bandwidth bottlenecks and server downtime.
* Maintain a configuration management process that defines and documents network procedures; naming conventions; and protocols for managing hardware, software, and users for each field site and the operations center.
* Upgrade, configure, and ensure correct operations of the network monitoring system using the network monitoring tools.
* Contributes to the design of architectures to include the software, hardware, and communications to support the total requirements as well as provide for present and future cross-functional requirements and interfaces. Ensures these systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards for open systems and DoD architectures.
* Determines and identifies high level functional and technical requirements based on interactions with the user community and knowledge of the enterprise architecture.
* Identifies, assesses, and presents options for meeting functional and technical requirements including hardware and software updates or upgrades.
* Creates detailed design specifications for use by staff members.
* Interacts with project management to plan project schedules and technical direction.
* Create, manage, and monitor maintenance plans and procedures that take into consideration operating environment limitations
* Communicate with program manager and government leads as to the progress of open items and work with security specialists and other infrastructure resources as needed
* Establish procedures for COOP
* Security and STIGs
- Document, implement, and maintain security policies in accordance with DISA STIG requirements
- Implement mitigations of security vulnerabilities in response to IAVAs
- Support auditing requirements
- Create documentation required for Release Management Framework (RMF)
- Complete planning and documentation prior to new integration or implementation
- Ensure that documentation is complete and up-to-date
- Maintain and document configurations
- Provide weekly and monthly status reports
5-8 years of directly related experience in network administration and support
* Experience with Cisco switches, ASAs, and routers to include installation, configuration, upgrade, and troubleshooting
* Experience with administering systems in a government environment a plus
* Experience working with multiple entities such as NECs, 2RCC, and JSP a plus
* Experience with network management via command line interface
Current active Secret Clearance.
Minimum certifications (must be current – include expiration dates in resume):
* Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) - Routing and Switching, Security+ce or CCNA-Security
* Travel is required (approximately 25%) – includes OCONUS travel
As a trusted systems integrator for more than 50 years, General Dynamics Information Technology provides information technology (IT), systems engineering, professional services and simulation and training to customers in the defense, federal civilian government, health, homeland security, intelligence, state and local government and commercial sectors.With approximately 32,000 professionals worldwide, the company delivers IT enterprise solutions, manages large-scale, mission-critical IT programs and provides mission support services.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
To apply for this job, contact: