Full Time Employee Contractor
The IT Systems Engineer position requires the design, configuration, maintenance and repair of our customer's IT infrastructure to support military applications. The position will be part of a team of systems engineers providing technical competency to new and existing systems, delivering mission critical infrastructure across several virtualized compute and network infrastructures and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performace and security through all phases of initial systems design, installation at customer sites and ongoing support of installed systems. This position is expected to provide subject matter expertise for multiple operating system environments, storage area networks and Layer 2/3 switching networks.
This position also involves the analysis, design and implementation of network upgrades for all hardware and software components, as well as development of technical documentation in support of system configuration, end-user technical manuals and installation/upgrade instructions.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities
Evaluate customer technical requirements and design constraints in support of IT system design and architecture for new or modified environments, including both hardware (server, network and storage) and software.
- Provide technical input in support of proposal development to ensure product selection, system design and delivery schedules are properly developed and implemented.
- Installation, configuration, maintenance and repair of Active Directory domain environments.
- Independent research, selection, best practice implementation and configuration of enterprise software applications, including but not limited to network monitoring, software distribution, intrusion prevention/detection, antivirus, end-point control, software/patch management, email services, file services, print services and database applications.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of storage platforms to include traditional storage area network implementations using fiber-channel and iSCSI protocols, as well as hyper-converged infrastructures within software defined data center architectures.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of multiple operating system environments to include both server and client platforms.
- On-site system installation and configuration of new IT systems or modifications to existing systems, and migration from preexisting legacy systems.
- Design and implementation of resilient systems design with a primary focus on high availability and fault tolerance, to include disaster recovery scenarios and complete backup and business continuity objectives.
- Produce highly consistent technical documentation to include step-by-step configuration procedures, operating instructions in support of end-user technical manuals and installation/migration procedures in support of on-site upgrade efforts.
- Comprehend, create and redline technical drawing packages as required for the creation of new IT systems or modifications to existing systems, including assembly, schematic and wire list information.
- Design and implement systems level processes for both internal development as well as continued use and operational processes for end-users.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Bachelor?s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field and a minimum of 5 years directly related work experience.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including ability to communicate detailed technical information to peers and non-technical management staff as needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently or as part of a closely integrated team as needed.
- High level of familiarity with Microsoft operating systems.
- Significant experience in implementation and configuration of enterprise software applications.
- High level of familiarity with network switching concepts to include VLAN, 802.1x, QoS and basic Layer 2/3 operation.
- Experience with configuration and/or administration of storage area networks.
- Experience with implementing and/or administration of backup and disaster recovery solutions.
- Ability to produce consistent and reliable, detailed technical documentation and records of work performed while adhering to customer requirements and standards.
? Ability to successfully complete the CGI Federal Background Investigation.
? Ability to attain and maintain a SECRET security clearance is required for continued employment; US Citizenship is required.
? Ability to travel from 25%, up to 50% as needed to support on-site installation, configuration or troubleshooting efforts.Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Microsoft Windows Server 2008 R2, 2012 R2 and 2016
- Virtualized IT infrastructure using Microsoft Hyper-V
- Virtualized IT infrastructure using VMWare
- Storage Area Network implementations using NetApp solutions
- Hyper-Converged Infrastructure implementations using VMWare Virtual SAN software defined solutions
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 and 2016
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012 and 2016
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager for client and software deployment
- McAfee HBSS implementation to meet DoD information assurance directives
- DISA STIG implementation for DoD security compliance
- SolarWinds Network Performance Monitor
This is a great opportunity to join a winning team. CGI offers a competitive compensation package with opportunities for growth and professional development. Benefits for full-time, permanent members start on the first day of employment and include a paid time-off program and profit participation and stock purchase plans.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for this position, however, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
No unsolicited agency referrals please.
All CGI offers of employment in the U.S. are contingent upon the ability to successfully complete a background investigation. Background investigation components can vary depending upon specific assignment, or upon any US government security clearance if required. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, gender Identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, pregnancy, or other status protected by law. CGI will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with CGI?s legal duty to furnish information.
To apply for this job, contact: