Sears Holdings Corporation (http://jobs.sears.com/vet/learnmore_military.html)
Part Time Employee
Increases Mattress sales in store through personal selling efforts and by taking a leadership role to improve overall store mattress results in the areas of Sales and achieving key metrics. Makes the Member Experience the first priority and is responsible for enhancing the specialized Member experience, driving sales through professional and proactive consultative sales assistance, and assisting the member with merchandise recommendations and accurately completing the sale. Plays a key leadership role in assisting in the training and observation of associates on Sleep solutions. Creates awareness of promotions, process changes/updates, and the local competitive environment for both the mattress associates and store leadership team. Ensures the mattress department is clean, signed, and set per National Presentation Standards. This includes responsibility for department resets, transitions, expansions, and promotional materials. Ensures the sales floor is clean, well-stocked, orderly and ready all day; maintains price integrity; performs opening and closing procedures; and housekeeping tasks.
• Enhancing the in-store Member experience related to Mattresses and closely partners with the store leadership to improve the Member experience and overall department performance. Ensures sales associates are delivering the right specialized Member experience and understand how to improve on Member focused selling. Creates heightened awareness of drive time promotions with consultative selling associates by training and providing observations to them on how to present promotions within the sales process to clearly show the benefit of buying from Sears vs. the competition.
• Leads by example to consult with Members to suggest what it means to deliver a "WOW" Member experience. Spends the majority of the time selling and educating associates on Mattress products, selling techniques, and promotions. Provides role modeling behavior on how to properly demonstrate effective sales techniques as dictated within the company s MFE process. Demonstrates expertise in the specialized Member mattress selling process.
• Models the right behaviors in the selling process and takes ownership for understanding Member's needs to recommend the right merchandise and total solution every time, while meeting minimum performance expectations.
• Enhances the Member experience, and assists with Member concerns. Sells to and educates members on our Mattress products. Consistently provides members with product demonstrations as part of the MFE sales process. Presentation addresses the member s needs, both current and future, and also encourage members to purchase today vs. at a later date. Ensures that all mattress associates follow a similar selling process.
• Assists Store Leadership by providing information and training to associates on Mattress features and benefits, and related accessories to generate incremental Mattress department sales. Acts as a key resource for associates and store leadership advising on Mattress product updates, promotional events, and upcoming product releases. Serves as the primary in-store contact for vendors and shares information and product knowledge with associates and store leadership.
• Oversees the Lead Management Process for the department and keeps store leadership informed accordingly. This includes: timely follow-up of all Leads and ensuring associate understanding of the Lead follow-up process. Provides training to ensure associates understand how to "keep it sold" (to drive positive impact with respect to returns and exchanges.)
• Drives Mattress Member satisfaction by training and role playing with associates on the use of Sales tools and additional resources such as the Member Services Organization. Sells products & accessories using in-store systems and in-store kiosks via Sears.com if necessary. Increases awareness and educates associates on how to assist customers in store who are looking for assistance resolving issues related to existing orders such as billing or delivery.
• Assists store leadership with sales observations. Owns compliance by being responsible for ongoing training of associates. Provides on-the-spot observations and feedback to sales associates to ensure they understand the expected behaviors and that they display them in interactions with members. Conducts role-plays on product features and benefits, proper selling techniques, use of sales tools, closing the sale materials, and POS ringing and reviewing delivery expectations. Assists with conducting sales meetings as needed within the mattress business.
To apply for this job, contact: