Rockwell Collins (www.rockwellcollins.com)
Full Time Employee
Forbes recently named Rockwell Collins to its 2015 America’s Best Employers list!
At Rockwell Collins, it’s our people who make the difference and are the backbone of our technologies. We are currently searching for a Sr Electrical Engineer to join our team in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the cornerstone of their careers, helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. Join Rockwell Collins and help shape our future while creating yours.
Become part of the growing Government Systems Communication Engineering ASIC/FPGA design team. As an engineer in this organization, you will be a member of an experienced, dynamic design group employing best practice design methodologies supporting our next generation of Communication Products, in addition to numerous products corporate-wide.
We are looking for a motivated Senior Electrical or Computer Engineer who will be involved in the design, implementation, verification and integration of a wide variety of high-performance digital ASICs and FPGAs applied to signal processing and information assurance applications.
• Requirements capture, ASIC / FPGA digital architecture and design using RTL, timing closure, verification, and system integration.
• Recommend new tools and practices for continuous improvement in the group's ASIC / FPGA design flow.
• RTL coding and simulation in VHDL or Verilog.
• Digital circuit architecture, design, resource tradeoffs, timing analysis and timing closure.
• Testbench development for the verification of RTL blocks using VHDL or System Verilog.
This position is located in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates.
This position requires the following:
• Ability to obtain a Security Clearance. US Citizenship is required.
• Bachelor's degree in a Science, Technology, Engineering or Math (STEM) discipline
• RTL coding and simulation in VHDL or Verilog OR Testbench development for the verification of RTL blocks using VHDL or System Verilog.
• Digital circuit architecture, design, resource tradeoffs, timing analysis and timing closure
• Proficiency using ASIC and/or FPGA simulation and synthesis tools (e.g. Modelsim, Synplicity, FPGA-specific tools)
• Familiarity with revision control concepts and tools (e.g. Clearcase, Subversion)
• Ability to work with minimal supervision, part of a team of engineers with a variety of skills and backgrounds, matrixed into projects with aggressive schedules and frequent milestones
• Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to document and present one's work and status
Desired skills of a successful candidate:
• Familiarity with best practice chip-level verification techniques and languages (e.g. constrained random, functional coverage, SystemVerilog)
• ASIC / FPGA lab validation with advanced lab equipment
• Design for Test (DFT) and manufacturability issues
• Experience with Unix, scripting, C/C , and/or Perl
• Video / Image processing algorithm development
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
• Medical, dental, and vision insurance
• Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
• Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
• Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
• An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
• Tuition reimbursement
• And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.
**Job:** **Electrical / Hardware*
**Organization:** **Communications Engineering*
**Title:** *Sr Electrical Engineer - ASIC / FPGA*
**Location:** *Iowa-Cedar Rapids*
**Requisition ID:** *ELE000000DU*
To apply for this job, contact: