Full Time Employee
Network Technician (Job Number:422746)
SAIC is looking to hire a Network Technician as soon as possible in either Broomfield, CO or Somerset, KY.
- Team primary responsibilities lie in the configuration, management, support and maintenance of the GSA network.
- Team provides 24X7 support for all GSA communications equipment (routers, switches, hubs, terminal servers, wireless access points, VPN concentrators, and UPS) and circuits in the network while providing on call coverage on a monthly rotation cycle.
- Monitoring network infrastructures and performing Tier 1 & Tier 2 troubleshooting techniques.
- Escalating issues as required to Tier 3 staff and monitoring issues through the outage life cycle.
- Assisting with updating standard operating procedures, network topology documentation, and other documentation.
- Documenting activities in Service Now and Solar Winds as part of day-to-day operations and to support Service Level Agreements and key performance indicators.
- Performing IOS and software upgrades on network infrastructures.
- Ensuring mid-shift SLAs are met and identifying trouble areas that could negatively impact the ability to maintain SLAs.
- Prefer the individual have a minimum of 3 years work experience in a large technical infrastructure.
- Must be able to apply best practices in modifying and securing the network environment to ensure that it meets All Information Assurance requirements.
- Completed Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Three years of additional general experience may be substituted for a Bachelor's Degree.
- Knowledge and experience in Network operations and design, switches, routers, and firewalls.
- Basic LAN switching & routing & Ethernet networks along with IP routing, configuration, troubleshooting of switched & routed networks.
- Knowledge of network technology concepts and experience, especially Ethernet & VOIP IP.
- Basic understanding of software installation and operations.
Primarily day shifts to start and could change to evening, weekends, etc. Looking for a candidate who is flexible with shifts to meet the needs of the contract.
Required Education and Experience:
- Associates degree +1 year equivalent training
- Able to maintain a Public Trust
- 3+ years’ experience in the technical environment.
- Basic electronics or computer repair skills.
- Technical documentation skills using Remedy, Service Now or similar ticketing system.
- Able to handle moderately complex assignments with little supervision and to determine methods to accomplish assigned tasks.
- Organized, able to multi-task in a fast paced environment.
- Great customer service
- Technical training in computer science
- Cisco certification
- Network+ or comparable certification.
- ITIL ® Foundation certification.
- Service Now
Clearance requirement: Must be able to obtain a Public Trust security clearance. SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2016, 10:00:01 AM
Primary Location: United States-KY-SOMERSET
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Public Trust
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
Other Locations: United States-CO-BROOMFIELD
To apply for this job, contact: