Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
CTC Quality Auditor (Job Number:422687)
SAIC is a leading provider of technical, engineering and enterprise information technology services to the U.S. government. Our 13,000 employees deliver systems engineering and information technology offerings for large, complex government programs, as well as a broad range of higher-end, differentiated technology services. The company is headquartered in McLean, Va.
We are looking for an experienced FAA air traffic control specialist to join the SAIC Controller Training Contract (CTC) Team providing air traffic controller training services to the Federal Aviation Administration’s (FAA). The FAA ensures a high level of safety for the flying public through its professional and well-trained air traffic controller workforce. The FAA employs more than 14,000 air traffic controllers. They work in air traffic facilities of varying sizes, safely separating more than 50,000 aircraft in the National Airspace System (NAS) each day. To provide such air traffic services, the FAA trains new air traffic control specialists and provides recurrent training to current air traffic control specialists. The FAA utilizes contractor-provided instructional services at FAA ATC facilities throughout the U.S. and its Territories to ensure these training needs are met. The scope of the contractor-provided services includes all training and training program support to successfully train and prepare students to become fully certified air traffic controllers. SAIC has contracted with the FAA to provide training and training related support services as required for all types and levels of ATC facilities. The selected candidate will support our quality control and assurance activities ensure the successful completion of these contract requirements.
- Define, implement, and administer Quality Control standards for service delivery to ensure compliance with contract requirements and FAA controller training policy and procedures.
- Understand and implement SAIC Quality Assurance policies, standards, and procedures
- Lead and/or participate in on-site quality audits of contract delivered training, and training support, services.
- Collect, analyze, and evaluate quality and performance measurements to identify negative trends and potential process improvements opportunities
- Ensure that program personnel are trained in the use of the quality program and philosophy
- Identify non- conforming products/services, and coordinate corrective and preventative actions
- Produce and maintain quality documents and reports as required.
- Maintain quality metrics and records on the CTC CENTER website.
- Verify conformance with standards, requirements, and contractual specifications through product reviews and process audits
- Ensure that configuration control and corrective action processes are in place and functioning properly
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experienced former FAA Certified Professional Controller, with at least 15 years of controller experience in en route and/or terminal operations; at least some of that operational experience should have occurred in the last five years.
- AT least one year of FAA Staff Specialist experience in air traffic QA/QC, at least some of which should have occurred in the last five years
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Experience in both FAA en route and terminal operations
- Positive rapport with FAA field and intermediate level management
- Solid interpersonal skills
- Strong technical writing skills
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 17, 2016, 10:14:51 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: Yes
Travel: Yes, 50% of the time
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: