AECOM / JT3 (www.jt3.com)
Full Time Employee
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Network and telecommunications technician, work under general technical guidance, specialize in fiber optics, telephone network technologies, video and audio data delivery systems. Works on various types of electronic equipment and related devices by performing a combination of the following: installing, maintaining, repairing, overhauling, troubleshooting, modifying, construction and testing.
1. Install, configure, operate and maintain various optical transport equipment for signals ranging from RS232 to OC-192, video encoders/decoders, time slot interchange switches, asynchronous transfer mode devices, encryption devices, multiplexing devices, routers, switches and all associated hardware.
2. Apply technical knowledge of electronics, telecommunications, and networking principles to solve problems utilizing diagrams, schematics, engineering data and test equipment.
3. Diagnose equipment malfunctions and effect repairs, restore equipment and traffic to optimum operating condition.
4. Utilize equipment management software to diagnose, configure, program and review configurations.
5. Troubleshoot and repair circuits ranging from OC-192 to DC, component level removal and repair.
6. Perform aerial and direct bury fiber installation, splicing and repair, build network cabling and install cable/fiber plants supporting building, campus and long haul environments.
7. Travel in company vehicles and helicopters to remote sites to maintain communications infrastructure, duties include tower climbing to install/repair antennas and cabling.
8. Assist and/or provide training and work direction to lower level technicians.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Graduate from an accredited two-year technical school with courses in Math, Basic Electronics, networking, and telecommunications or equivalent military training. Relevant experience may be substituted for education. 1 to 2 years experience performing 75% of essential functions. Good understanding of the Open Systems Interconnection model (OSI) and Internet Protocol. Good understanding of switched and routed networks. Must qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and possess a current state issued driver's license.
To apply for this job, contact: