AECOM / JT3 (www.jt3.com)
Full Time Employee
Job Summary - Essential Functions/Duties
Performs a variety of fundamental field engineering tasks under general supervision of a senior level engineer, involved in the installation, operations, testing and maintenance of electronic equipment and systems. Specialize in fiber optic and microwave communication relay sites, telephone network technologies, video and audio data delivery systems.
1. Install, configure, operate and maintain various optical transport network (OTN) equipment that provide a wide range of signals for the enterprise communications infrastructure. Install, configure and maintain various Layer 2/3 networking equipment and all associated hardware.
2. Apply technical knowledge of electronics, telecommunications, and networking principles to solve problems utilizing diagrams, schematics, engineering data and test equipment.
3. Performs engineering or other highly technical tasks that are varied and may be somewhat difficult in character.
4. Prepare, deliver and submit technical presentations for in-process design and review meetings.
5. Diagnose equipment malfunctions and effect repairs, restore equipment and traffic to optimum operating condition.
6. Troubleshoot and repair circuits ranging from DC to 40G.
7. Travel in company vehicles to remote sites to maintain communications infrastructure.
8. Assist and/or provide training and work direction to lower level technicians.
9. Perform all other position related duties as assigned or requested.
Requirements - Education, Technical and Work Experience
- Associates Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline or formal academic/vocational/military training or a minimum of 10 or more years of technical/professional experience in the specialty field.
- Personnel must have 10+ years of experience and skills working with Optical Transport Networks (OTN) and Carrier Class Ethernet technologies and associated equipment.
- Experienced with the ability to operate and maintain WAN networks that use fiber optic transport networks.
10+ years of experience with troubleshooting and repairing physical and logical network outages and anomalies utilizing a vast array of tools, including but not limited to Solarwinds, built-in equipment, and all manner of field deployable test equipment.
- 10+ years of experience performing a variety of field engineering tasks under general supervision.
- 10+ years of experience handling tasks which include design and implementing communications and network solutions in accordance with IEEE standards utilizing various Layer 2/3 and TDM networking technologies and equipment.
- Personnel must have a good working knowledge of TCP/IP networking technologies.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
To apply for this job, contact: