AECOM / JT3 (www.jt3.com)
Full Time Employee
JOB SUMMARY-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES:
- Senior Software Engineer for real-time display and data collection system.
- Candidate must be able to effectively perform the following: Design, develop, test and integrate software in a UNIX environment using Object Oriented techniques.
- Analyze, evaluate, and recommend hardware and software solutions.
- Prepare and perform peer reviews, test procedures, and reports.
- Perform all phases of software life cycle including requirements definition, design, development, testing, customer reviews, user training, problem resolution, and product support.
- Follow established software engineering practices including requirements and configuration management.
- Areas of development include scientific applications programming, graphics, network, and multi-threaded techniques.
- Specific languages, environments, and tools include SUN Solaris, Red Hat Linux, C++, Open-GL, Orb-Express ORB, CORBA, Oracle and SQL. Performs other position-related duties and assignments as directed.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to his/her job.
Most positions involve work typical of office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting of up to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote work locations may be required.
- BS in computer Science or equivalent with 8 years of applicable experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency with C++, graphics tools, object-oriented design and development with UNIX environment.
- Good analytical, organization, communication and teamwork skills.
- The incumbent must use superior communication skills both verbal and written, in day-to-day project activities as well as in briefing customers and in writing reports and proposals.
- The incumbent must possess planning/organizing skills and have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools.
- Must be able to obtain a TS/SSBI security clearance and must have a valid, current state driver’s license.
- MS in Computer Science, with 12+ years of software engineering experience.
- Experience in real-time programming, OpenGL, GUI, Qt, and CORBA highly preferred.
- Active TS/SSBI security clearance.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified
To apply for this job, contact: