AECOM / JT3 (www.jt3.com)
Full Time Employee
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Performs as a lead on more complex engineering assignments. Performs a variety of engineering assignments in planning and overseeing research, design, development, manufacturing, testing, installation, integration, sustainment, operation, and maintenance of diverse software, electronic, and/or mechanical equipment and systems. Performs generally as a lead of a development, sustainment, or operations & maintenance team on more complex engineering assignments.
- Independently performs a range of design, development, analysis, or review tasks under generally established project deadlines.
- Completes design specifications, analyses, or design reviews for complex projects.
- Generates complete design specifications for more complex projects.
- Coordinates and works closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Verifies and complies with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Prepares, delivers, and submits technical papers and performs engineering studies.
- Supports development of technical proposals and provides comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Develops, maintains, and produces technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Directs interface with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities; acts as liaison for design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conducts site visits and experimental investigations and analyzes engineering problems, proposes solutions and alternatives, and provides recommendations.
- Performs other position-related duties and assignments as directed.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to his/her job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting to 20 pounds, constant sitting with occasional use of computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while reviewing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote Company work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
The incumbent must have a Bachelor of Science in Engineering from an ABET-accredited academic institution and 4 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited Master of Science in Engineering with at least 2 years of related engineering experience, or have an accredited doctoral degree in Engineering. The incumbent must have mastery of concepts, principles, and practices of engineering that enables the employee to serve as a technical authority on projects relating to the specific programs. The position requires knowledge and skill sufficient to apply the latest developments in engineering to solve problems in the specialty area along with excellent communication and analytical skills. The incumbent must have a working knowledge of computer systems and computer-based engineering tools and possess planning/organizing skills. The position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software. Incumbent will be required to qualify for and maintain a government security clearance and must have a valid, current state driver's license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
To apply for this job, contact: