AECOM / JT3 (www.jt3.com)
Full Time Employee
JOB SUMMARY - ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/DUTIES
Perform as a lead on more complex field engineering assignments. Perform a variety of engineering assignments involving technology applications involved in the installation, operation, testing and maintenance of complex electronic/mechanical equipment and systems. Specifically: Electronic technical maintenance experience in the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, testing and certifying of HF/UHF/VHF ground-to-air radios equipment and switching systems. Meteorological and navigation ground system to include ILS/VOR/TACANS/Weather systems. P25 land mobile radio systems, switches and repeater sites. Installation and maintenance for over-the-air and cable television transmission and television receiver systems.
- Independently performs a range of field engineering tasks involving electronics systems technology applications.
- Responsible for technology applications for complex projects.
- Apply knowledge of design specifications for more complex systems/projects.
- Coordinate and work closely with other engineering, logistics, financial, and program management disciplines to define system specifications and requirements.
- Verify and comply with engineering documentation standards and test procedures.
- Prepare, deliver and submit technical papers and perform engineering studies.
- Support development of technical proposal and provide comments on the technical content and level of effort of the proposed scope of work.
- Develop, maintain and produce technical documentation and system/subsystem specifications.
- Direct interface and liaison with customers at all levels from quotation to final design and test activities, design reviews and technical working group meetings to comply with requirements and specifications.
- Conduct site visits, experimental investigations and analyze engineering problems, propose solutions and alternatives, and provide recommendations.
- Perform other related duties and assignments as directed.
Each employee must read, understand, and implement the general and specific operational, safety, quality, and environmental requirements of all plans, procedures, and policies pertaining to their job.
This position involves work typical of an office environment with no unusual hazards. There is occasional lifting (up to 20 pounds), constant sitting and use of a computer terminal, constant use of sight abilities while writing, reviewing, and editing documents, constant use of speech/hearing abilities for communication, and constant mental alertness. Routine travel to remote Company work locations may be required.
REQUIREMENTS - EDUCATION, TECHNICAL AND WORK EXPERIENCE
Associates Degree in Engineering or other technical discipline or formal academic/vocational/military training and a minimum of 10 years experience in the specialty field. The incumbent must possess broad knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices of engineering that enables the employee to perform as a senior technical contributor on complex projects or programs. The position requires knowledge and skill sufficient to apply developments in engineering to solve problems in the specialty area. Excellent communications and analytical skills; working knowledge of computer systems and integrated software application programs. The position may require the ability to investigate, troubleshoot, and design solutions to problems in operational hardware and software. Must qualify for and maintain a security clearance and possess a valid state issued driver's license.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of persons so classified.
To apply for this job, contact: