Full Time Employee
Systems / Network Administrator (Job Number:422616)
- This position requires experience with the installation, operation and maintenance of tactical radar hardware-in-the-loop equipment.
- The includes performing systems administrator functions on Linux/Red Hat systems, configuring and maintaining networks/routers and servicing approximately 50 network users of classified and unclassified systems.
- Work for the Lab Operations Manager to establish overall priorities while responding to the daily, non-recurring requests from STARS members.
- Maintaining a professional and courteous relationship with all team members is absolutely critical as is an earnest desire to find and detect problems and then working with the Operations team to develop and implement a solution.
- Candidate must hold a Secret Clearance with the ability to achieve a Top Secret Clearance, if necessary.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of the following operating systems Red Hat Enterprise Workstation and Server, Windows 7, Windows Server 2008R2, and HP-UX.
- Must hold one of the following operating certificates RHCSA, RHCE, MCSA or MCSE or network certificates CCNA, or CCENT.
- Have a robust familiarization with the DISA Security Technical Implementation Guidelines (STIG) that deal with maintaining the lab’s security posture and analysis networks and be able to communicate to leadership with recommendations/guidance to growing and improving the network design.
- Must maintain the DoD 8570 Information Assurance Workforce Improvement Program and hold an US Army IAT-Level 2
- Good communications and people skills, both oral and written, is an absolute must.
- Must be able to interact and communicate effectively with individuals of different experience levels and backgrounds including government and external industry personnel.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2016, 11:01:01 AM
Primary Location: United States-AL-HUNTSVILLE
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: