Full Time Employee
GCCS-M Support Training Analyst, TTGL (Job Number:422764)
The Training and Simulation Service Line, in support of the Navy and Marine Corps Customer Group, currently has a career opportunity for a qualified Global Command and Control System – Maritime (GCCS-M) training subject matter expert (SME) to provide GCCS-M classroom and operational instruction, as well as synthetic and live exercise support at Tactical Training Group, Atlantic (TTGL), Dam Neck, VA.
Training SMEs are highly-skilled persons with knowledge gained over years of experience at senior levels. They promote greater information sharing for staffs and stakeholders. They provide realistic as well as reliable, consistent support and well-developed recommendations to various audiences in training and real world events. They will maintain the integrity of the training objectives, and maintain a knowledge base that is consistent with the requirements that cover the full spectrum of the listed Functional Area duties. SMEs serve as the catalyst for developing and evaluating requirements. They provide the expertise and insight to support programs and leaders at all levels, including very senior levels, civilian and military sectors. They are experienced subject matter experts in their fields of expertise.
The ideal candidate for this position is a former mid- to senior-grade U.S. Naval non-commissioned officer who is a GCCS-M operation and training SME, having stood watch aboard ship as a Common Tactical Picture Manager and supported GCCS-M training in a schoolhouse. In addition, the candidate will have excellent public speaking, presentation, and time management skills, as well as at least three years of applicable Training SME experience in:
- Conducting fleet training analyses to identify gaps, training needs, and solutions
- Developing and modifying training event/exercise scenarios and curricula
- Delivering training in person and/or online
- Developing training curricula
- Managing training projects
- Designing custom training to meet Fleet and Joint training objectives
Specific Functional Area duties will include the following tasks:
Provide GCCS-M software and hardware configuration, system operation, database management (including red database issues) and tactical employment of these systems in a dynamic maritime environment.
- Provide expert academic and operational instruction in Common Tactical Picture Manager (CTPM) to fleet CTPM personnel to include GCCS-M software and hardware configuration.
- Feedback and/or assessment of exercise results, including assessment of Navy Mission Essential Tasks (NMETs) in the area of CTPM during regularly scheduled Fleet Response Training Plan (FRTP) events (e.g., Fleet Synthetic Training [FST]) and other exercises/events as required.
- Assist government representatives in developing processes to align CTPM program with established USN warfare training system processes and the Fleet Training Continuum (FTC).
- Assist government USN counterparts (OPNAV/program office, Numbered Fleet Commanders [NFC], Type Commander [TYCOM] staffs, etc.) on CTPM related issues and the development and incorporation of training system requirements.
• U.S. citizen with Bachelor of Arts or Science degree.
• Active military duty experience as a former CTPM watchstander who served and deployed on board a U.S. Navy ship.
• Four (4) years of applicable technical and general Training SME experience (six years in lieu of Bachelor’s degree will be considered).
• Three (3) years of applicable Training SME and Functional Area experience (see detailed tasks above), including operational experience with Cruise Missile Trainer Personal Computer (CMTPC).
• Four (4) years’ experience at the senior instructor/evaluator level with GCCS-M support and operations involvement with all aspects of GCCS-M configuration and practical applications.
• Must possess proven written and verbal communication skills at the junior management and senior executive level, and be able to act independently.
• Experience on a Strike Group or Numbered Fleet Command staff or equivalent DoD staff in a position involving GCCS-M and associated system operations.
• Familiarity with Surface Force Readiness Manual (SFRM), and Surface Force Exercise Manual (SFEM).
• Significant experience with FST utilizing the Navy Continuous Training Environment (NCTE) to conduct scenario development and integration of LVC capabilities into a realistic training environment.
• Experience as a Joint Semi-Automated Forces (JSAF) simulation operator.
• Recent experience in joint and naval exercises, war gaming, and exercise/event planning.
- **Current DoD Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility REQUIRED. ***
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Oct 18, 2016, 12:23:37 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-VIRGINIA BEACH
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: