Full Time Employee
Sr. Systems Engineer (Job Number:423043)
The Systems Engineer Senior:
- The Contractor shall recommend and acquire equipment replacements and upgrades, draft and maintain LAN/WAN documentation and processes, and engineer and integrate new technologies into existing data center environments.
- The Contractor shall install, configure, update, and maintain server software/hardware.
- The Contractor shall perform high-level problem troubleshooting, assess where the organization stands as far as IT system performance/efficiency compared to where it would like to be, and compile recommendations on how to improve performance.
- The Contractor shall prepare, design, and present systems/networks engineering and integration solutions IAW industry recognized standards and specifications that maximize the usage of commercial products IAW all DoD standards and regulations.
- Conducts Site Surveys (Section 3.5.1), analyzes the collected data, and performs necessary calculations to make technical recommendations, then prepares or provides input for C4 EIPs.
- Must have a background in computer virtualization, especially the VMWare product family, including VSphere.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelors and three (3) years or more experience; Masters and 0 years related experience
- Must have Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) Server Infrastructure or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) Server Infrastructure certification.
- Must have DoD 8570 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level III certification
Must have a Secret security clearance with the ability to obtain a Top Secret (TS) clearance.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 2, 2016, 12:50:33 PM
Primary Location: Kuwait
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job