Full Time Employee
Firecontrol Technician / Engineer with 2M Repair Experience (Egypt) (Job Number:423416)
SAIC currently has an opening for a Firecontol Technician on a long-term contract in Alexandria Egypt supporting the Navy.
Position requires candidate to directly supervise, mentor and train assigned Egyptian subcontracted personnel. This includes assigning work, evaluating performance, identifying training needs and hearing/resolving issues and conflicts
- The Fire Control Technician will provide technical assistance and training to Egyptian Navy Officers and Enlisted personnel to include the following: operation, repair and maintenance of weapon systems typically found on-board former FFG-7 ships, including their associated computer and sensor packages. Perform organizational and intermediate maintenance on digital computer equipment, subsystems and systems; operate and maintain combat and weapons direction systems, surface-to-air and surface-to-surface missile systems and gun fire control systems at the organizational and intermediate level, inspect, test, align and repair micro/minicomputers and associated peripheral equipment, data conversion units, data display equipment, data link terminal equipment and system related equipment; make analysis for detailed systems, computer programs, electronics, and electronic casualty control; operate associated built-in and external test equipment; load, initialize and run pre-programmed diagnostic, performance and testing routines for digital computer equipment, digital subsystems, digital systems and overall combat systems.
- Candidate must have a proven ability to perform Microminiature (2M) component repair . This is to include repair of discrete components and single- and double-sided printed circuit boards, including removal and installation.
- Primary duties for this position also include the maintaining and managing an established 2M lab.
- Position requires frequent interaction with Senior Egyptian Naval Officers, professionalism and cultural tolerance is a must for this position.
- Provide detailed and technically accurate written condition and open and inspection reports.
- Use technical publications to identify and order required repair parts.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- The Ideal candidate should have been a Fire Control Technician with a 2M certification and background, but, we will consider all Fire Control Technician backgrounds.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prepare detailed written reports.
- Ability to manage, train and mentor foreign nationals.
- For assignment to Egypt, he must be tolerant of the foreign, predominately Islamic, environment and capable of working effectively and harmoniously with others in that environment. He must be resourceful and able to work around problems or issues that may arise. He must be able to work independently without support, frequently having to accomplish repairs and overhauls by himself. Must be able to obtain a Security Clearance
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA Degree in related discipline and six (6) years related experience; OR, High School and seven (7) years related experience with relevant certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: May 2, 2017, 8:55:33 PM
Primary Location: Egypt-ALX-ALEXANDRIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job