Full Time Employee
Navy Diesel Engine Mechanic (Egypt) (Job Number:423414)
SAIC is currently hiring Navy Diesel Engine Mechanics to support a long-term contract in Alexandria Egypt.
Position requires candidate to directly supervise, mentor and train assigned Egyptian apprentice and journeyman personnel. This includes assigning work, evaluating performance, identifying training needs, and hearing/resolving issues and conflicts.
- Perform intermediate depot level maintenance on all types of main propulsion systems, subsystems, equipment, and auxiliary machinery typically found aboard former USN FFG-7 class frigates and MHC-51 class vessels in support of Egyptian Navy shipboard lifecycle maintenance requirements.
- Primarily tasked with troubleshooting, repairing and overhauling Diesel Engines (Isotta Fraschini) using approved technical work packages and technical publications Additional, tasking includes, but is not limited to, supporting removal and repairs to shafts, rudders, valves (replacement and rebuild), and repairs to other engineering systems and subsystems typically found aboard FFG-7 and MHC-51 class ships.
- Candidate must be proficient in the use of hand tools, precision measurement tools, and possess a thorough knowledge of standard shipyard practices.
- Provide detailed and technically accurate written condition, and open and inspection reports. Use technical publications to identify and order required repair parts.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Must have knowledge of intermediate-level repair procedures, repair and maintenance standards, quality assurance specifications, and proper use of IMA industrial machinery.
- Minimum 5years Shipyard or Naval experience with a minimum of 2 years of specific Outside Machinist/IMA experience.
- Must have experience troubleshooting, repairing and overhauling Isotta Fraschini diesel engines. Experience working on Caterpillar diesel engines a plus.
- Dry-dock experience a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prepare detailed written reports.
- Ability to manage, train and mentor foreign nationals.
- For assignment to Egypt, candidate must be tolerant of the foreign, predominately Islamic, environment and capable of working effectively and harmoniously with others in that environment.
- Candidate must be resourceful and able to work around problems such as lack of access when planned, electrical power and compressed air when needed, or personnel when expected.
- Candidate must be able to work independently without support, many times accomplishing repairs and overhauls by himself.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience; Masters and three (3) years or more experience; PhD and 0 years related experience
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Feb 24, 2017, 8:55:56 AM
Primary Location: Egypt-ALX-ALEXANDRIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: