Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Navtac II GBNA Task Lead (Job Number:423421)
US National Airspace - Ground Based Navigation Aids Task Lead Labor Category Description:
The Federal Aviation Administration is in the process of modernizing the National Airspace System (NAS) to meet the needs of the 21st Century. Inherent in this mission is the requirement to provide a safe, cost effective, navigation and timing service. Currently, navigation requirements are largely met with legacy, ground-based navigation and lighting systems. FAA has committed to evolve the NAS to Performance Based Navigation (PBN). During this lengthy transition, FAA has a requirement to support both legacy and modernized navigation systems. The Ground Based Navigation Aids Task Lead shall fulfill lead duties including coordination of the task scope of work with FAA Technical Official Representative (TOR) supporting completion of task order objectives. Position is responsible for timeliness and quality of task order deliverables. Leads planning, scheduling, and coordinating detailed phases of the systems engineering principles and processes or scientific work in a project or performs work which involves conventional engineering or scientific practice. The work may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements and difficult coordination requirements. Plans, manages, and executes complex tasks and leads subordinate level positions. The GBNA Task Lead reports directly to the SAIC NAVTAC II Program Manager task order decisions over provision of personnel, equipment, subcontractors, facilities, staffing and other duties.
Other duties include:
- Provides daily, monthly, and quarterly communication between Team SAIC and FAA organizations, as defined in each individual Task Order CDRL
- Participate in PM reviews and other meetings and reviews as needed
- Prepare and update DME/DVOR program schedules
- Assist in DME/DVOR Program Management Plan
- Identify, analyze, and support risk management specific to DME/DVOR
- Lead, coordinate and/or provide direct SE support to AC/AMJ25.1309A, SAE ARP 4751/4764, RTCA DO-278A/254 and FAA ATO SMS.
- Task lead may also provide direct systems engineering support as necessary to maintain GBNA task performance.
- Leads evaluation and recommends process for configuration management, safety, reliability, maintainability, integrity and other system engineering disciplines to improve navigation services.
- Conducts studies and analysis for navigation services and provides data, information, databases and other products. Support the development and maintenance and improvement of system engineering in the Navigation Services Directorate.
- Evaluate technical and operational requirements for systems and services in the NAS.
- Experience applying software, hardware, and standards knowledge in the analysis, specification, development, integration, and acquisition of systems for navigation services is desirable. Ensures these systems are compliant with FAA standards.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: Other Clearance
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- A minimum of 10 years? experience in system engineering in the aerospace industry. Two years of which must include specialized navigation experience.
- Bachelor?s degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering, Computer Science, Physics, or a related discipline. Master?s degree in a principle or related discipline may substitute for 2 years of relevant experience.
- Project Management Institute, PMP certification is highly desired.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and nine (9) years or more experience; Masters and seven (7) years or more experience ; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 17, 2016, 2:31:45 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job