Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
Information Assurance Specialist - Master (Job Number:423399)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for an Information Assurance/Security Specialist located in Washington DC supporting NAVSEA HQ SEA 00I. The Information Assurance/Security Specialist responsibilities include:
- Studying, analyzing, developing, and implementing cybersecurity initiatives and policies to improve the quality, timeliness, and efficiency of cybersecurity processes.
- Making recommendations and implementing resolutions to a variety of conventional problems and situations related to the administration, coordination, and reporting requirements of the overall Information Systems Security Program
- The contractor shall work on all NAVSEA systems to bring them into Federal Information System Management Act (FISMA) compliance. The contractor shall recommend, develop, test, implement, and perform:
- Network and system security functions for authorized users, workstations, and servers as required under DISA, DOD, DON and NAVSEA cybersecurity policies utilizing approved applications and procedures.
- System configuration, design, and administration control procedures to enhance system performance and security for all servers, standalone systems, workstations, routers, switches, printers, scanners, Video Teleconferences (VTCs), etc.
- Perform patch management and software updates for Information Systems for workstation and server operating systems and applications.
- Download, install, and modify IT assets in accordance with Information Assurance Vulnerabilities Assessments (IAVA) and Bulletins (IAVB) patches.
- Perform and document Contingency Planning, Annual Security Control Testing, Security reviews.
- Configure and harden IT systems per DISA Security Technical Implementation Guides (STIGs) as required.
- Maintain current knowledge of DOD/DON/NAVSEA security regulations and augmentation directives
- Provide assistance to system owners to ensure FISMA reporting requirements are accomplished
- Manage security testing and network assessments for system owners
- Assist the staff in answering technical and administrative problems generated from the various Warfare Centers, Directorates and Command Groups.
- Develop reports of analysis and processes the information in accordance with program procedures
- Provide technical input and develop documents to provide information, help prevent, and increase understanding of issues involved in computer security incidents
- Assist system owners and other representatives to create, maintain and update accreditation artifacts
- Clearance Level Must Possess: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
- 10 or more years of experience in network, host, data and/or application security in multiple operating system environments
- Experience working with IP networking, networking protocols and understanding of security related technologies including encryption, IPsec, PKI, VPNs, firewalls, proxy services, DNS, electronic mail and access-lists
- Experience working with internet, web, application and network security techniques
- Experience working with relevant operating system security (Windows, Solaris, Linux, etc.)
- Experience working with leading firewall, network scanning and intrusion detection products and authentication technologies
- Possess security certifications (CISSP, Security+, MCITP, Linux+, CCNA, etc)
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 21, 2016, 10:41:01 AM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: