Full Time Employee
Gas Turbine & Navy Electronics Engineer (Egypt) (Job Number:423630)
SAIC is currently hiring a Navy Gas Turbine & Electronics Engineer to support a long-term contract with the Navy in Alexandria Egypt.
Position requires candidate to directly supervise, mentor and train assigned Egyptian apprentice and journeyman personnel. This includes assigning work, evaluating performance, identifying training needs and hearing/resolving issues and conflicts.
- Provide technical assistance and training to Egyptian Navy Officers and Enlisted personnel to include the following:
- Operating electric plant main and propulsion control equipment locating circuit failures and replacing parts by measuring current, voltage and resistance.
- Testing for shorts, grounds and continuity.
- Testing protective circuitry.
- Testing, servicing and replacing batteries.
- Performing preventive maintenance on digital data equipment and control and monitoring circuits.
- Measuring insulation resistance.
- Repairing electrical/electronic cables, wiring and connectors.
- Maintaining alarm, indicating and warning systems.
- Maintaining and repairing gas turbine engines and auxiliary equipment.
- Working with blueprints, schematics and charts
- Performing administrative procedures related to gas turbine propulsion system operation and maintenance;
- Performing work area inspections;
- Operating standard test equipment;
- Stopping engines and checking for proper performance;
- Replacing and adjusting operating tolerance of contacts, micro switches, relay switches, pressure switches and temperature switches.
- Assisting with troubleshooting and repairing other Electronic/Electrical on-board systems as needed.
- Collateral duties for this position include the maintaining and managing an established gauge calibration program for eight Naval Vessels, to include maintaining and ordering/repairing test equipment, and training/supervising Egyptian field engineers and apprentices.
- Position requires frequent interaction with Senior Egyptian Naval Officers, professionalism and cultural tolerance is a must for this position.
- Provide detailed and technically accurate written condition; open and inspection reports. Use technical publications to identify and order required repair parts.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ideal candidate will be a Senior GSE with a gauge calibration background and Micro-Miniature Electronics Repair (2M).
- Strong Troubleshooting and Schematic Reading Experience
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prepare detailed written reports.
- Ability to manage, train and mentor foreign nationals.
- For assignment to Egypt, candidate must be tolerant of the foreign, predominately Islamic, environment and capable of working effectively and harmoniously with others in that environment.
- Candidate must be resourceful and able to work around problems or issues that may arise.
- Candidate must be able to work independently without support, frequently having to accomplish repairs and overhauls alone
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA Degree in related discipline and six (6) years related experience; OR, High School and seven (7) years related Navy school or experience with relevant certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Sep 18, 2017, 3:42:16 PM
Primary Location: Egypt-ALX-ALEXANDRIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job