Full Time Employee
Sr. Principal Cybersecurity Analyst (Job Number:423679)
SAIC is seeking a IA Cyber Security Analyst Senior Principal to join our team.
- IA Management The Cyber Security Analyst Senior Principal Designs, tests, and implements secure operating systems, networks, security monitoring, tuning and management of IT security systems and applications, incident response, digital forensics, loss prevention, and eDiscovery actions.
- Conducts risk and vulnerability assessment at the network, system and application level.
- Conducts threat modeling exercises.
- Develops and implements security controls and formulates operational risk mitigations along with assisting in security awareness programs.
- Involved in a wide range of security issues including architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network access. Researches, evaluates and recommends new security tools, techniques, and technologies and introduces them to the enterprise in alignment with IT security strategy.
- Utilizes COTS/GOTS and custom tools and processes/procedures in order to scan, identify, contain, mitigate and remediate vulnerabilities, and intrusions.
- Assists in the implementation of the required government policy (i.e., NISPOM, DCID 6/3), and makes recommendations on process tailoring.
- Performs analyses to validate established security requirements and to recommend additional security requirements and safeguards.
- Supports the formal Security Test and Evaluation (ST&E) required by each government accrediting authority through pre- test preparations, participation in the tests, analysis of the results, and preparation of required reports.
- Periodically conducts a review of each system's audits and monitors corrective actions until all actions are closed.
- May support cyber metrics development, maintenance and reporting.
- May provide briefings to senior staff.
Duties include but not limted to:
- Perform IA functions to maintain an acceptable security posture
- Collaborate closely with data owners, information system owners, and users of information systems and networks.
- Oversee the application of IA policies, principles, and processes.
- Identify IA requirements and potential investment opportunities as part of the IT acquisition and project management development process.
- Provide IA guidance and direction on the maintenance and configuration control of hardware, systems, and application software.
- Identify the appropriate level of recommended remediation to security anomalies or integrity loopholes such as system weaknesses or vulnerabilities.
- Identify improvements to existing programs, processes and procedures to enhance the overall security posture of communication/computer networks, systems, and data.
- Prepare, document, and present IA positions, analyses, risk assessments, process improvement opportunities, and studies in oral and written form.
- Conduct IA training sessions o Provide technical expertise to support the development of IA policies.
- Provide technical expertise to respond to cyber security related action items
- Provide technical support to budget planning activities.
- Provide oversight, management, and technical support to the stand-up and operations of a software assurance program.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree and fourteen (14) years or more of related experience
- DoD 8570/8140 IAT III Certification (CISSP, GCIH, CISA, GCED or CISM)
- Experience with Cross Domain technologies.
- Experience with Information Technology Virtualization
- Experience with Cloud IA Technologies
- Experience with Cryptography
- Experience with Public Key Infrastructure
- Experience with Network and Host-Based Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems
- Experience with Cyber mission Computer Network Defense of space assets
- Experience with Cyber Defense Techniques o Operational Readiness, Verification, and Validation Reviews.
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Masters and twelve (12) years or more related experience; PhD or JD and four (4) years or more of related experience.
- Applies advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts.
- Contributes to development of new principles and concepts.
- Participates with senior managers to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Recommends/makes decisions on administrative or project work matters and ensures effective achievement of program, project, or organizational objectives
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Nov 30, 2016, 12:56:46 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: