Full Time Employee
MK 13 GMLS Weapons Systems Specialist (Job Number:423728)
SAIC is currently seeking a Weapon Systems Specialist with expertise of the MK 13 Guided Missile Launching System (GMLS) in support of overseas projects in Egypt. Position requires candidate to directly supervise, mentor and train assigned Egyptian apprentice and journeyman personnel. This includes assigning work, evaluating performance, identifying training needs, and hearing/resolving issues and conflicts. In addition, the candidate should:
- Provide technical assistance and training to Egyptian Navy Officers and Enlisted personnel to include the following: operation, repair, maintenance, of MK13 GMLS typically found on-board former FFG-7 ships.
- Perform organizational and intermediate maintenance on digital computer equipment, subsystems, and systems; operate and maintain combat and weapons direction systems.
- Interact frequently with Senior Egyptian Naval Officers
- Provide detailed and technically accurate written condition, and open and inspection reports. Use technical publications to identify and order required repair parts.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or, High School and five (5) years related experience with relavent certification.
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prepare detailed written reports.
- Ability to manage, train and mentor foreign nationals.
- Applicant must be resourceful and able to work around problems such as lack of access when planned, electrical power and compressed air when needed, or personnel when expected.
- They must be able to work independently without support, many times accomplishing repairs and overhauls independently.
- Applicant must agree to work in Egypt for at least one year, as long as their performance is satisfactory and the effort continues to be funded, and be willing to consider staying longer, if offered.
- For assignment to Egypt, applicant must be tolerant of the foreign, predominately Islamic, environment and capable of working effectively and harmoniously with others in that environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively with Senior Egyptian Naval Officers
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 20, 2017, 1:53:54 PM
Primary Location: Egypt-ALX-ALEXANDRIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: