Full Time Employee
Enterprise Systems Engineer (Job Number:423720)
SAIC is seeking a Enterprise System Engineer to join our team.
- Support transition to a shared services model o Support analysis of alternatives
- Identify technology solutions and evaluate applicability to satisfy business and mission requirements
- Mission Need and Gap Assessment Conduct assessments of new and revised external stakeholder mission/user needs, guiding policies and directives and other stakeholder guidance to include identification of latent and emerging needs in advance of change Conduct capabilities assessments using the most current architecture information Conduct capability gap assessments (i.e., capability gaps are the difference between architecture needs and current-funded capabilities) Conduct technology gaps assessments (i.e. technology gaps are the difference between capability gap and available or forecasted technology solutions) Contribute to working sessions with stakeholders to determine whether the needs and gaps assessments are complete and accurate and whether planned activities meet architectural intent. Review and comment on program acquisition documents Document user capability needs, capabilities, and capability gaps and technology gaps.
- Assessments of Alternatives Identify, document, and recommend potential options for eliminating or mitigating the identified capability gaps. Conduct assessments on options identified by the Government for eliminating or mitigating the identified capability gaps to include coordination with stakeholders. Use assessment results to build and provide a business case analysis that includes independent performance, cost, schedule, and risks assessments in context with the architecture, plans, and other opportunities to include coordination with stakeholders.
- Evaluation of Emerging Technology Conduct and deliver results of technology assessments and pilots. Conduct and deliver assessments, reports and briefings on emerging commercial technologies Develop and deliver plans, assessments, reports, and briefings to the Government in support of their forums and industry visits for further analysis of emerging technologies. Document and deliver results including related empirical data, engineering judgment, and assessment of alternatives for each task in formal reports and/or briefings. Performs Systems Engineering activities related to Information Technology or Engineering including: concept of operations formulation, requirements definition, analysis and engineering, system architecting, system analysis and design, interface and data architectures, validation and verification, systems integration, system & op. performance analysis, Lifecycle cost analysis & estimation, decision analysis and physical configuration analysis (PCA) . Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of product requirements into total systems solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints. Performs functional analysis, timeline analysis, detail trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software or engineering specifications. Provides specific, detailed information for selection, implementation techniques, and tools for the most efficient solution to meet business needs, including present and future capacity requirements. From an information technology perspective, may be concerned with floor layout, power & cooling, data storage, infrastructure management, backup, monitoring, operating systems, directory services, identity management, access management, and automation.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: TS/Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI)
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: TS/SCI with Poly
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Five (5) + years of work experience
DESIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master?s degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Mathematics
- Communications Mission Architecture Development
- IT/IA/IM Architecture Development
- Business Architecture Development
- Service Oriented Architecture and Cloud Architecture Development
- Federal, DNI, and DoD Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution Processes
- IC ITE Services
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 2, 2016, 4:29:18 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: