Full Time Employee
Mine Hunter Coastal Mechanical (Egypt) (Job Number:423418)
SAIC is currently hiring Mine Hunting Systems Technicians to support a long-term contract in Alexandria Egypt.
- Position requires candidate to directly supervise, mentor and train assigned Egyptian apprentice and journeyman personnel. This includes assigning work, evaluating performance, identifying training needs and hearing/resolving issues and conflicts.
- Provide technical assistance and training to Egyptian Navy Officers and Enlisted personnel to include the following: proper operation, maintenance, troubleshooting and repair procedures for internal combustion engines, typically found aboard former USN MHC-51 class vessels in support of Egyptian Navy shipboard lifecycle maintenance requirements.
- Principle area of responsibility will be to provide technical assistance and training on MHC Propulsion systems (Isotta Fraschini) and related mechanical subsystems found on MHC-51 class ships.
- Position requires frequent interaction with Senior Egyptian Naval Officers, professionalism and cultural tolerance is a must for this position.
- Provide detailed and technically accurate written condition, and open and inspection reports. Use technical publications to identify and order required repair parts.
- Clearance Level Must Possess: None
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ideal candidate will be a Senior Engineman with an Isotta Franschini NEC and a minimum of 5 years? experience.
- Air Conditioning & Refrigeration experience a plus.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to prepare detailed written reports.
- Ability to manage, train and mentor foreign nationals.
- For assignment to Egypt, candidate must be tolerant of the foreign, predominately Islamic, environment and capable of working effectively and harmoniously with others in that environment.
- Candidate must be resourceful and able to work around problems or issues that may arise.
- Candidate must be able to work independently without support, frequently having to accomplish repairs and overhauls by himself.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- AA Degree in related discipline and six (6) years related experience; OR, High School and seven (7) years related experience with relavent certification.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 20, 2017, 1:55:07 PM
Primary Location: Egypt-ALX-ALEXANDRIA
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: None
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: