Full Time Employee Contractor
- Provides Air Traffic Control (ATC) procedures related to all flying activities within ranges.
- Provides weapons delivery profiles used on ranges.
- Identifies and works with different bomb types used by aircraft and their prospective safety procedures.
- Operation of all equipment used by Range Safety Officer (RSO) and Scoring technicians.
- Proficiency in the above required areas will be determined by Flying Wing Commander.
- Controls all aircraft within the range area; to include entrance / exit from range, range attack queue, and payload delivery.
- Ensures that aircraft comply with all range orders.
- Ensures that aircraft adhere to minimum height as set by RSAF command
- Ensures that aircraft use correct targets and the correct attack procedures .
- Clears aircraft to join the range and release ordnance .
- Liaises with local radar, Flying Wing and Squadron Operations. and confirming sortie progress and reporting infringement's.
- Ensures safe operation of the range
- Assesses and monitors weather conditions, and advises aircraft and Flying Wing and Squadron Operations of significant changes .
- Takes action including; withdrawing authority for aircraft to use the range, and/or aircraft break safety standards.
- Takes action including; withdrawing authority for aircraft lo use the range if aircraft is operated in a manner which might put safety at risk.
- Takes action if aircraft have emergencies.
- Liaises with range maintenance contractors to ensure that range facilities meet required standards.
- Takes action including; closing the range for aircraft operations if the range facilities do not meet requirements.
- Ensure the range personnel adhere to range orders.
- Records weapons scores, pilot scores, and scoring in other categories as outlined by RSAF.
- Notes weapons scores on every attack .
- Passes weapons scores to aircraft. Wing and Squadron operations .
- Supervises performance of Range Scoring Technicians .
- Maintains a log of all Range events and incidents, maps of range area, diagrams of weapons delivery profiles, and the planned / achieved Range schedule(s).
- Former jet aircrew member.
- OR Air Traffic Control qualification; JTAC OR TACP qualification.
- The ability to speak and write English clearly is mandatory, with emphasis on air traffic control and Range terminology
- Able to speak, read and write in the English language with a basic English score not less than 70.
- The minimum English language proficiency is 75%.
- Has ability of supervising and following.
- Pass successfully in the Safety Range Supervisor course offered by the RSAF once hired.
ManTech is an equal opportunity affirmative action employer. We encourage Minority/Female/Protected Veteran/Disabled applicants to apply.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access http://www.mantech.com/careers/Pages/careers.aspx as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, please click [email protected] and provide your name and contact information.