Full Time Employee
District of Columbia
PBN SME (Job Number:423773)
The Federal Aviation Administration is in the process of modernizing the National Airspace System (NAS) to meet the needs of the 21st Century. Inherent in this mission is the requirement to provide a safe, cost effective, navigation and timing service. Currently, navigation requirements are largely met with legacy, ground-based navigation and lighting systems. FAA has committed to evolve the NAS to Performance Based Navigation (PBN). During this lengthy transition, FAA has a requirement to support both legacy and modernized navigation systems. PBN is a key element of the Next Generation Air Transportation System (NextGen) plan to modernize the NAS.
The PBN ATC Specialist ? Lead will be responsible for the team supporting the FAA?s Performance Based Navigation (PBN) Programs & Policy Group (PPPG) in efficiently managing the task developing and implementing Area Navigation (RNAV), PBN Routes defined as Standard Terminal Arrival (STAR), Standard Instrument Departures (SIDs), Required Navigation Performance (RNP) and Q/T and TK routes. The lead will manage support efforts to include the activities, products and deliverables associated with the achievement of program milestones required by the AJV-14, AJV-11, AJV-17 and/or OSGs. The lead will report directly to the PBN task order manager/ PM. The candidate must have experience in ATC facility operational and PBN procedures development.
The SAIC PBN ATC Specialist Lead shall manage a team providing management and technical support as follows:
- Support: tracking type and hours of PBN Route work based on the sub-category of work such as Metroplex, Single Site or as designated by the FAA & tracking hours performed supporting VOR MON project work
- Provide data, identify, assess, and propose resolution to existing or potential issues and problems with PBN Route implementations (Site)
- Document project status in accordance with applicable PPPG/OSG guidance and orders
- Prepare briefings; present briefings and conduct technical research
- Manage & direct SA ATC Specialist PBN Staff for PBN projects designating project facilitators for discreet PBN projects in charge of supporting FAA in managing PBN evolution as per 7100.41 (including supporting FAA as Facilitator in procedure evolution and supporting Project Tracking Tool (PTT) status updates)
- Clearance Level Must Possess: Other Clearance
- Clearance Level Must be able to Obtain: Other Clearance
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum 13 years professional experience in working environmental projects with 3 years of proven management experience managing a diverse cadre of personnel.
- Expertise in planning, organizing, and prioritizing work, meeting deadlines, managing multiple tasks in a high-complex, dynamic environment is critical.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills are essential.
- Knowledge of FAA, Air Traffic Organization Navigation Services, and affected organizations is desirable.
- Requires Bachelor?s degree from an accredited college or university.
- PMP Certification is desired.
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Dec 6, 2016, 12:54:32 PM
Primary Location: United States-DC-WASHINGTON
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Other Clearance
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Other Clearance
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job