Full Time Employee Contractor
Seeking an experienced editor that will collaborate with multidisciplinary teams on a variety of proposal related documents to edit materials in a manner that improves their quality, ensures they are editorially correct, but does not alter their technical accuracy or meaning.
Roles and Responsibilities:
· Ensure the grammar, punctuation, spelling, terminology, and style are correct and consistent within and among documents developed for federal government agencies.
· Offer practical solutions for improving the quality of the text and ensuring that information is engaging and conveyed with technical accuracy and clarity
· Discuss and explain reasons for edits to technical writers
· Collaborate with proposal teams to translate complex information into plain language that is appropriate for the intended audience
· BA in English, Journalism or related field or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
· 5 years of editing experience with outstanding attention to detail
· Knowledge of GPO, AP, and Chicago style guides
· Ability to learn style guides used by various Government Agencies
· Experience in coaching writers of varying skill levels and providing constructive feedback.
· Self-starter with strong organizational skills and the ability to operate independently
· Strong time management skills
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to frequently changing tasks based on client priorities
· Effective written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrated experience with Microsoft Office suite
· TS Security Clearance preferred.
To apply for this job, contact: