Full Time Employee
JRDC 15620 ? Network Engineer III (Job Number:424500)
SAIC is seeking a Network Engineer to our team in supporting a DoD client in Colorado Springs Colorado.
BMDSS designs, builds, and maintains MDIOC IT and facility infrastructure for four customers in addition to the sustainment and upgrade of the C2BMC Test Bed and the JEWL lab. BMDSS upgrades and evolves labs and associated infrastructure for the integration, testing and training at the MDIOC for the Missile Defense Agency. Labs include the C2BMC Test Bed, the Joint Early Warning Lab (JEWL), the International Point of Presence (IPOP), and BNOSC Analysis and Test
(BAT) Lab. The position involves hands-on designing and troubleshooting networks to include Cisco, Juniper and McAfee networking equipment and associated A/V systems. The Network Engineer will produce work products that are of high quality and adhere to JRDC and BMDSS procedures and policies including support for internal reviews such as the BMDSS Configuration Control Board (BCCB) and Engineering Review Board (ERB). Work products will include artifacts such as System and Connectivity drawings as well as DoDAF OV and SV documentation.
- 8+ years of relevant experience, including configuring Cisco and/or Juniper routers/switches and troubleshooting routing protocols such as OSPF as well as experience with firewall technologies.
- Must possess outstanding interpersonal and communication skills, excellent customer interface skills, be a quick learner, and be able to multi- task in a dynamic and fast paced environment while maintaining a can-do attitude.
- Experience with creating system level and connectivity diagrams is a must.
- Must have DoD 8570.01-M IAT Level I (Security+ or equivalent) with Continuing Education (CE)
- Candidate must have a DoD Secret clearance
- Bachelors degree in an IT or related discipline and at least 8 years of relevant experience, including configuring Cisco and/or Juniper routers/switches and troubleshooting routing protocols such as OSPF as well as experience with firewall technologies.
- Experience with WANs, Taclanes, Cisco, Juniper, and timing systems is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of strategic and theater missile defense weapon systems (C2BMC, Aegis, GFC/C, etc.), sensor systems, message formats (VMF, TADIL), and communications (DISN, SIPRNet, MDA CNet, GCN, etc) environments.
- Certifications such as Network+, SSCP, CISSP, JNCIA, CCNA and CCNP.
- Understanding of the project lifecycle and related processes, traditional systems engineering skills and knowledge, and requirements traceability matrices.
- Experience working CRQs, DDIPs, and associated implementation vehicles at the MDIOC.
- Strong MS Visio skills are also desired.
Location(s): Schriever Air Force Base
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC is Redefining Ingenuity through its deep customer and domain knowledge, talented people, effective processes, and innovation to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. SAIC's approximately 15,000 employees are driven by integrity and mission focus to serve customers in the U.S. federal government, state/local, and global commercial markets. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of about $4.4 billion. For more information, visit http://www.saic.com. For ongoing news, please visit our newsroom (http://investors.saic.com/news-releases).
SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Job Posting: Jun 6, 2017, 7:06:56 PM
Primary Location: United States-CO-COLORADO SPRINGS
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Secret
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: