Full Time Employee
Principal Engineer - Electrical Power Subsystem (Job Number:424624)
SAIC is hiring a Principal Engineer, Electrical Power Subsystems, in Chantilly, VA.
- The Vehicle Engineering (VE) branch requires an engineer with technical expertise in spacecraft electrical power generation (solar cells), storage (batteries), and distribution.
- This position spans both the GEO & HEO orbital regimes.
- The selected candidate will be an integral participant in subsystem architecture, requirements development and verification, and unit design of a common electrical power subsystem spanning both orbital regimes.
- Key areas of focus include hardware and software engineering, review of contractor designs, evaluation of operating modes, and witnessing of verification and validation activities.
- Candidate should also be experienced in the design & integration of satellite buses and knowledgeable of launch & flight operations of space vehicles.
- The following tasks are representative of those that will be accomplished at the request of the Government Program Office (GPO) EPS Project Officer
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelors (or equivalent years of experience plus a minimum of nine (9) years of relevant experience
- Masters and seven (7) years or more experience
- PhD or JD and four (4) years or more experience
- Experience in the design & integration of satellite buses and knowledgeable of launch & flight operations of space vehicles
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jan 18, 2017, 4:21:01 PM
Primary Location: United States-VA-CHANTILLY
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: Top Secret/SCI with Polygraph
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job
To apply for this job, contact: