Full Time Employee
Sr. Network Engineer - GCCS-M (Job Number:424679)
SAIC has a contingent job opportunity for a Sr Network Engineer. This position will support the Maritime Global Command and Control System Family of Systems (MGF) Project - Infrastructure Modernization, Maintenance, and Support, and will be located in San Diego, CA. This position is contingent upon contract award.
This effort provides technical engineering services to the Command and Intelligence Systems Division (Code 532) in support of support for a wide range of Navy, Joint, and National C4I systems. The MGF Project Infrastructure Modernization, Maintenance, and Support provides engineering, installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting services to design, implement, secure, maintain, and ensure stable operation of classified and unclassified (Information Technology) IT infrastructures, platforms, and laboratories. Supports PWS (or like systems) elements: Global Command and Control System-Maritime (GCCS-M) Infrastructure Maintenance and Support / Maritime Tactical Command and Control (MTC2) Infrastructure Maintenance and Support GCCS-M / MTC2 infrastructure maintenance and support provides engineering and system administration services to maintain and ensure stable operation of classified and unclassified GCCS-M / MTC2 IT infrastructures and platforms. In addition to local MGF laboratories, this effort includes PMW 150 GCCS-M / MTC2 systems worldwide.
The Sr Network Engineer will:
- Participate in daily, weekly, and/or monthly meetings and working groups, internal and external to MGF.
- Perform maintenance on IT infrastructures and platforms, and perform hands-on engineering, installation, configuration, administration, and troubleshooting for IT infrastructure and platforms:
- Physical servers, blade servers, Storage Area Network (SAN), Network Attached Storage (NAS), and Direct Attached Storage (DAS), backups, virtual environments, private clouds, network design and components, middleware, Public Key Infrastructure (PKI), interfaces, Operating Systems (OS), monitoring devices, hypervisors, workstations, zero/thin clients, and peripheral hardware
- Apple OS X, Linux, Solaris, and Windows operating systems
- Active Directory and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) services
- Red Hat, Windows and VMware virtual and Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) architectures
- Virtual machines and private clouds to provide multiple instances of production-like environments used in software development, engineering, quality assurance, integration, and test activities
- Backend storage systems to ensure optimal use and sufficient capacity
- Networks, firewalls, network-based and host-based security activities to ensure network connectivity to unclassified, classified, operational, and standalone environments
- End user accounts, permissions, and access rights Assist MGF Infrastructure Manager and Lab Managers with Certification and Accreditation (C&A) and Enterprise Mission Assurance Support Service (eMASS) package creation and maintenance.
- Perform information assurance and security of IT infrastructure and platforms.
- Perform network and security audits and baselining using Assured Compliance Assessment Solution (ACAS) and Vulnerability Remediation Asset Manager (VRAM) tools.
- Coordinate with internal and external teams and organizations to maintain system documentation.
- Participate in providing Tier 2 and 3 support for system administration and operations of IT infrastructure and platforms, including duplicating issues, resolving and providing appropriate solutions, and minimizing the overall impact to confidentiality, integrity, and availability.
- Support external events and provide remote support via email, phone, chat and on-site support CONUS and OCONUS.
TYPICAL EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree from an accredited institution, and thirteen (13) years or more experience
- Clearance Level Must Possess: Secret
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Must be IAT Level III: At minimum, the candidate must possess one (1) of the commercial IA certifications from the list below. Commercial IA Certifications:
- CompTIA Advanced Security Practitioner (CASP)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- GIAC Certified Enterprise Defender (GCED)
- GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH)
- GIAC Security Essentials Certification (GSEC)
Additionally, the candidate must possess at least (1) of the Commercial System certifications from the list below. [Note. Desired: Candidate will possess two of the three Commercial System certifications.] Commercial System Certifications:
- Network OS (Nexus/Catalyst) - Cisco Certified Network Professional (CCNP): Routing and Switching
- VMware Virtualized Infrastructure - VMware Certified Professional 6: Data Center Virtualization (VCP6- DCV)
- Red Hat Virtualized Infrastructure/Platform-as-a- Service (PaaS) - Red Hat Certified Architect: Datacenter
SAIC Overview:SAIC is a premier technology integrator providing full life cycle services and solutions in the technical, engineering, intelligence, and enterprise information technology markets. SAIC provides systems engineering and integration offerings for large, complex projects. Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, SAIC has approximately 15,000 employees and annual revenues of about $4.3 billion.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Job Posting: Jun 7, 2017, 12:17:12 AM
Primary Location: United States-CA-SAN DIEGO
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess: Secret
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain: None
Potential for Teleworking: No
Shift: Day Job